Topics

Identify Carter carburetor

PATRICIA GRITTI

Been trying to deal with my Carter equipped Crosley "Starts then cuts out after a few seconds"
Found a W-O rebuild service manual on the internet. The manual lists several uses for the W-O. None of the uses mentions the Crosley!
Is the W-O carb used by Crosley different from those used by Jeep, Willys, Americar, Kaiser in any way? ie, ventury size, jet size etc.

Jim Bollman

Crosley used the Carter WO 870S and Carter WO 934S. They are 100 CFM carbs. The spec/part sheet for the 870s is in the Files section it may help you figure out what is different.
https://groups.io/g/Crosley-Gang/files

Jim...

PATRICIA GRITTI

  Hi Jim
  Thank you for suggesting that I check the Crosley Gang files for Carter carb. information. Double thanks, also found a great description of how to remove a VC body.
  Don