Topics

I just subscribed to group

Don Pitchford

Greetings,
I'm Don, from Illinois. Crosley club member 3003. Sorry I couldn't join everyone in Ohio last weekend but the workload didn't allow. I did however take my wife to lunch in my '48 wagon; had trouble starting it after it sat for 45 minutes; answered a lot of questions about it from curious onlookers; made it home without having to get a trailer. So, all is normal.
Don Pitchford

crosleyshortsport

Don,  Glad you are out using the Crosley and having fun. Make plans now for the 2020 national meet, July 6 - 12th. Fulton County Fairgrounds, Wauseon, Ohio

On Mon, Jul 15, 2019, 8:12 PM Don Pitchford via Groups.Io <w9ebk=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Greetings,
I'm Don, from Illinois. Crosley club member 3003. Sorry I couldn't join everyone in Ohio last weekend but the workload didn't allow. I did however take my wife to lunch in my '48 wagon; had trouble starting it after it sat for 45 minutes; answered a lot of questions about it from curious onlookers; made it home without having to get a trailer. So, all is normal.
Don Pitchford

Mike S

What part of IL are you in Don?  I'm in southern IL 1 hour south of Effingham.  We have a '48 wagon also.  What color is yours?
Mike Saltsgaver

Don Pitchford

Mike,
I live in Springfield, IL. Our membership in the directory shows up as Don and Claudia. The Don that was in Waverly, IL was my Dad. He passed away 2 years ago. The '48 wagon is his old Yellow one. It was at the Illinois Regional a time or 2 in the late 1990s.
Don Pitchford

On Monday, July 15, 2019, 11:08:06 PM CDT, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

What part of IL are you in Don?  I'm in southern IL 1 hour south of Effingham.  We have a '48 wagon also.  What color is yours?
Mike Saltsgaver

Saltsgaver, Mike

We are new to the club & just bought our car a month ago.  We hope to make it to the Illinois meet this year, but it is near the same time as the Studebaker convention.

Mike S

Hella Electronics Corporation, 43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd., 48170, Plymouth Michigan
This document is to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.

James Hudson

Hello Don and Mike, I joined the Club a few months back ('52 Station Wagon) and I have found it to be the most welcoming group of people. There are several Crosley experts who donate generously of their time on the two websites and everyone is very friendly and supportive. I also didn't get a chance to get to Wauseon this year but I'm planning on 2020. Hope to see you there! -Jim

PS. Unsolicited advice from a newbie-Don't forget about the oil filter thing! :-)

Saltsgaver, Mike

I joined the club in January but didn’t get a car purchased till a month ago.  Did make it to Wauseon & had a fun time, although it’s the smallest of the meets we attend & had to adjust our expectations a little.  We found that the major vendors are very helpful & friendly.

Mike S

Hella Electronics Corporation, 43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd., 48170, Plymouth Michigan
This document is to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.

crosleyshortsport

Mike,  Glad you were able to get the parts and advice needed.

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019, 11:35 AM Saltsgaver, Mike <Mike.Saltsgaver@...> wrote:

I joined the club in January but didn’t get a car purchased till a month ago.  Did make it to Wauseon & had a fun time, although it’s the smallest of the meets we attend & had to adjust our expectations a little.  We found that the major vendors are very helpful & friendly.

Mike S

Hella Electronics Corporation, 43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd., 48170, Plymouth Michigan
This document is to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.

Mike S

Don & Claudia,  pleasure to meet you today.  Hope you didn't over heat at the American Motors meet.  We left to get something to eat at the Waffle House and when walking out of the restaurant, heard screaming.  A girl was being attacked by one of those big pit bull type dogs, right next to the road on the opposite side.  No one was stopping to help, so I struggled across 4 lanes of traffic to help.  By the time I got there, a car did stop & we got the car between the dog & girl.  Pretty scary......wish I would have had a weapon of some type to kill that dog......