Topics

history of the Crosley Automobile Club.

Bob Hickman

In 1969, John Aible ran an ad in Hemmings Motor news trying to start a Crosley club. Several of us responded to his ad, and we were getting started. In 1970, a class for Crosleys was created at the Woodbury new Jersey concours. Jim Batsford won with his 49 wagon. John Aibels 42 convertible coupe got a second place in the Crosley class. In 1971, john got a space in the Hershey flea market. Norman Jump brought his farm o road and it drew a lot of attention. John published a newsletter 4 times a year. In 1973, Jim bollman took over from john aibel, and ran the club till 1985. Our first annual meet at Wauseon ohio was held the second saturday of July each year to today. Dean Sherman played a big part in running the meet. Each year, the meet gets bigger. The Crosley Quarterly has growm from a 2 page newsletter to a first class magazine. The car count has grown from a few to 250 plus today. I am thankful for all who helped through the years.

L.E. Hardee

Anybody remember the Crosley club run by Al and Juanita Cummings out of Miamisburg, Ohio?

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 1:21 PM, Bob Hickman <bobhofaz@...> wrote:
[...]

Jim Bollman

One correction to Bob's mini history of CAC. The meet has grown pretty much every year for total attendance but the cars that show up leveled off at around 100 give or take a dozen for the last few years. The quality of cars that show up seems to keep increasing. The show id officially Thursday through Saturday (July 12-14 this year) but people start showing up the Saturday or Sunday before and by Tuesday there is a fair number of people and cars running around.

Yes I remember Nita Cummings club and was a member. She got support from the original owner of Service Motors to help keep coasts low but eventually she decided to fold the club instead of raising the dues. I think she was getting burned out on running the club also. Not sure why she didn't try to find her replacement.

Jim...

On May 10, 2018, at 1:28 PM, L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:

[...]

I do remember the Miamisburg ohio crosley club. It was sponsered by Service motors  when Ed herzog ran things at service motors. I did belong to that club.

Bob Hickman

[...]

When I bought my first Farm-O-Road in Chicago in 1971, I stopped by Miamisburg to visit the Cummings on the way back to North Carolina.  They had a red Hot Shot and station wagon as I recall.