Topics

Hemmings Find of the Day – 1959 Crosley-based special

Jim Bollman

Crosley made in to the Daniel Strohl's  Hemmings Blog again and this one you can buy.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/03/23/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1959-crosley-based-special/

L.E. Hardee

Interesting looking special.  I like the windshield.  It looks much nicer than many of the specials I have seen.  I am really curious about the transmission.  I couldn't really see it in any of the pictures.  The bell housing reminds me of one from a military generator set.  Anyone have any more information?

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 8:34 AM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
Crosley made in to the Daniel Strohl's  Hemmings Blog again and this one you can buy.

https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/03/23/hemmings-find-of-the-day-1959-crosley-based-special/

Terrance Robinson

note the ?53 Kaiser ?Dragon in the second pic tire

On Sun, Mar 24, 2019 at 9:12 AM L.E. Hardee <hftsales@...> wrote:
Interesting looking special.  I like the windshield.  It looks much nicer than many of the specials I have seen.  I am really curious about the transmission.  I couldn't really see it in any of the pictures.  The bell housing reminds me of one from a military generator set.  Anyone have any more information?

--
Hurt not the Earth neither the Sea. Nor the Trees.                         Revelation 7:3  
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."   
                                                                            President Dwight D. Eisenhower 
"The only thing to buy on credit is your casket."                       James A Michener
Debt is "anything that you pay today for yesterday's living"              Ruth Hayden
A model of Christian Charity: "We are all responsible (institutions and individuals)    to each other and to serve the common good"              Gov. John Winthrop 1630

Robert Connearney

I think it was a few months ago that I saw the same house and Kaiser in the background of a different "car for sale" ad (not this Crosley).

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/24/19 1:57 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Hemmings Find of the Day – 1959 Crosley-based special

--
Hurt not the Earth neither the Sea. Nor the Trees.                         Revelation 7:3  
"The only thing to buy on credit is your casket."                       James A Michener
Debt is "anything that you pay today for yesterday's living"              Ruth Hayden
A model of Christian Charity: "We are all responsible (institutions and individuals)    to each other and to serve the common good"              Gov. John Winthrop 1630

Spock Arnold

Yeah it's probably Geoff Hackers neighborhood.  He has the business selling the car.  He specializes in long lost fiberglass vehicles.

On Mar 24, 2019 10:50 PM, "Robert Connearney via Groups.Io" <rconnearney@...> wrote:
I think it was a few months ago that I saw the same house and Kaiser in the background of a different "car for sale" ad (not this Crosley).

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 3/24/19 1:57 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: Re: [Crosley-Gang] Hemmings Find of the Day – 1959 Crosley-based special

--

It is.