Topics

Gauge repair?

timtmaker@...

Hello, reposting this for a friend in the West Coast Club - She's looking to have the gauges in her Crosley restored, and with Bob Heinze and Dave Potts out of the picture, I wasn't sure who to recommend.  any advice is appreciated...

crosleyshortsport

Service motors will restore them for you. I did my own and it took a LOT of time and patience!

On Jun 27, 2017 2:10 PM, "timtmaker via Groups.Io" <timtmaker=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hello, reposting this for a friend in the West Coast Club - She's looking to have the gauges in her Crosley restored, and with Bob Heinze and Dave Potts out of the picture, I wasn't sure who to recommend.  any advice is appreciated...

Does anyone have a recommendation on a service provider for restoring Crosley gauges? I see several outfits on the internet, but  I have no idea who are the best in terms of quality and service. I have a decent looking old set I just installed several months ago, bought to replace my very damaged set. However, the speedometer sticks badly and won't register unless I tap robustly on the lens - not optimal or smart. Fortunately the odometer registers. In the cluster the temperature gauge needle must be fixed. It was twisted, yanked, and broken off by a distant family member probably 50 years ago. I had to keep the  original temperature gauge in the cluster since the one that came with the replacement set did not work at all.

So, ideally someone who knows about bourdon tube temperature gauges, and speedometers?