Topics

gaskets for BRAJE accessories

Dave Shipman

where can I pick up the cork gaskets for the Braje valve cover, water jackets, and oil pan? Through Braje himself or does the venters reproduce these? Thanks

Jim Bollman

Standard gaskets for a cast-iron engine work fine for the valve cover and side plates, I assume the pan gaskets works also but never owned one of those to try.

On Jan 7, 2020, at 4:16 PM, Dave Shipman <officershipman@...> wrote:

where can I pick up the cork gaskets for the Braje valve cover, water jackets, and oil pan? Through Braje himself or does the venters reproduce these? Thanks

David

If this is a race application, the Braje sumps are usually run without a gasket. The idea is to make the lower end more rigid, and a cork gasket interferes with this. Use a silicone sealer on the crankcase/sump joint.

David

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Standard gaskets for a cast-iron engine work fine for the valve cover and side plates, I assume the pan gaskets works also but never owned one of those to try.

On Jan 7, 2020, at 4:16 PM, Dave Shipman <officershipman@...> wrote:

where can I pick up the cork gaskets for the Braje valve cover, water jackets, and oil pan? Through Braje himself or does the venters reproduce these? Thanks

dale@servicemotors.net

Service motors has them. 866-449-0029

On Jan 7, 2020, at 1:16 PM, Dave Shipman <officershipman@...> wrote:

where can I pick up the cork gaskets for the Braje valve cover, water jackets, and oil pan? Through Braje himself or does the venters reproduce these? Thanks

Dave Shipman

PERFECT! Thanks Dale, it’s not for race application. and regarding the strange oil filter- i found a bunch of CUNO oil filters on ebay that look just like it.

Dave Shipman
(510)2255566

BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@AOL.COM>

I beg to differ. If you run it without a pan gasket the rear main cork will split in two when you tighten it and then a big oil leak. Nick told me how to install the pan gasket and what to use on the front and rear corks.
Barry

David

I recently sold my Hmod.  The car had done 54 race events without a failure of the rear cork seal.  All were done with a Braje sump without a gasket, except the first four events.  In the first four events I was running an engine prepared by Bob Graham, and it broke a valve—very spectacular cloud of smoke and steam.  I no longer use Crosley valves.

If I were to be concerned about the rear strip of cork breaking, I would substitute a thin strip of rubber (still with silicone sealer).

Since selling my Hmod, I have been racing a Saab powered ESR.  I just completed (mostly) a new Hmod which puts me back racing with Crosley power.  Other than a small strip of cork at the rear seal, the only cork gasket is under the cam cover.  Not to open another can of worms, but I don’t use gaskets under the side covers, either.