Topics

Gas Cap

Tom Sodaro

Hello, Could someone send me a picture of the inside of a crosley gas cap and its inside dimensions. Trying to find one for the Crofton gas tank and not sure if the Crosley cap will work. The crofton gas cap opening is very small. Found nothing at auto parts stores, tractor parts stores, lawn equipment stores, farm and fleet, etc. The inside dimensions are a little bigger than 1 1/8.  I found one at 1.17 and it was slightly too big to work. Thanks Tom s

crosleyshortsport

Tom,  I took a measurement of the top of my filler tube and it is the same as in your photo. Here is a photo of my gas cap. It has a cork seal and fits snug. Hope it helps. I believe Yankee Crosley parts or Dave Edwards has them.

On Aug 9, 2017 10:28 PM, "Tom Sodaro" <tomteach2@...> wrote:
Hello, Could someone send me a picture of the inside of a crosley gas cap and its inside dimensions. Trying to find one for the Crofton gas tank and not sure if the Crosley cap will work. The crofton gas cap opening is very small. Found nothing at auto parts stores, tractor parts stores, lawn equipment stores, farm and fleet, etc. The inside dimensions are a little bigger than 1 1/8.  I found one at 1.17 and it was slightly too big to work. Thanks Tom s

crosleyshortsport

Tom, sorry, here is the photo

On Aug 9, 2017 10:42 PM, "crosleyshortsport" <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Tom,  I took a measurement of the top of my filler tube and it is the same as in your photo. Here is a photo of my gas cap. It has a cork seal and fits snug. Hope it helps. I believe Yankee Crosley parts or Dave Edwards has them.

Hello, Could someone send me a picture of the inside of a crosley gas cap and its inside dimensions. Trying to find one for the Crofton gas tank and not sure if the Crosley cap will work. The crofton gas cap opening is very small. Found nothing at auto parts stores, tractor parts stores, lawn equipment stores, farm and fleet, etc. The inside dimensions are a little bigger than 1 1/8.  I found one at 1.17 and it was slightly too big to work. Thanks Tom s

Steve Perry

I have this cap off an old Honda Express that might work?

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 9, 2017, at 9:42 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Steve Perry

Edited

Sent from my iPad

Steve Perry

Edited

Sorry..
I just re-read your posting and this Honda Cap measures 1.182 in the Center..

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 10, 2017, at 8:23 AM, steve perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

Sent from my iPad

Steve Perry

Edited

OK.. I have another gas cap from an older scooter.. 
here are the photos..
Thanks 

image1.JPG
image3.JPG

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

Tom Sodaro

Edited

Thanks-I will try to find one on ebay, unless you have an extra one to sell. Tom S

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 8:56 AM, steve perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:
here are the photos..
Thanks 

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

--
Thomas C. Sodaro
Principal
Sandwich High School
Sandwich, IL 60548
 "Learning Today, Shaping Tomorrow"

Richard Williams

Look in lawn mower shop. It has to be vented.

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎August‎ ‎10‎, ‎2017‎ ‎09‎:‎25‎:‎33‎ ‎AM, Tom Sodaro <tomteach2@...> wrote:

Thanks-I will try to find one on ebay, unless you have an extra one to sell. Tom S

here are the photos..
Thanks 

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Sent from my iPad

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

Sent from my iPad

--
Thomas C. Sodaro
Principal
Sandwich High School
Sandwich, IL 60548

L.E. Hardee

Edited

Also try the power steering cap on some large (F750) Ford trucks.  They are the same as the Crosley gas caps, cadmium plating and all.  They have a dipstick inside that could be cut off.  I think they are vented but you should check to be sure.  You may be able to still get new ones at a Ford dealer. 

The same cap was used for the oil fill on Farmall 140 tractors but they are not vented.  A small hole drilled in the center could cure that.

On Thu, Aug 10, 2017 at 3:58 PM, Richard Williams via Groups.Io <rwms_2002@...> wrote:
Look in lawn mower shop. It has to be vented.

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎August‎ ‎10‎, ‎2017‎ ‎09‎:‎25‎:‎33‎ ‎AM, Tom Sodaro <tomteach2@...> wrote:

here are the photos..
Thanks 

Sent from my iPad

Sent from my iPad

--
Thomas C. Sodaro
Principal
Sandwich High School
Sandwich, IL 60548

kirkbrit@...

Dave Edwards used to have these I believe. 
419-589-5767

Previous Topic Next Topic