Topics

Front springs

Dave

The driver side spring had a extra leaf spring in the stack than the passenger side.' Where is the extra leaf located in the stack?

crosleyshortsport

Dave,  I have always heard there is an extra spring on the drivers side, and seen some Crosleys that sit higher on the drivers side. I just took the time to look at all five of my different models and all of them from the '47 to the '52 all have the same number and same size leaf spring in each side of the front and each side of the back. I guess this is why all of my cars sit level.  If Crosley did put an extra spring on the drivers side of every car, someone must have removed it from all of my cars.

On Jul 24, 2017 2:24 PM, "Dave" <dlittleton2@...> wrote:
The driver side spring had a extra leaf spring in the stack than the passenger side.' Where is the extra leaf located in the stack?

Tim Hamblen

I think the extra leaf was a hit or miss thing. I know for a fact my 49 was as it was built on day one and it had no extra leaf.

seb fontana

I had a 48 panel truck and a 47 Sedan in the past and they had extra leaf in left front spring..I now have a 47 Sedan an it has a extra leaf in left front spring..Three out of three for me..Technically you shouldn't be able to tell as it would be engineered in the stack.. Seb..

Richard Williams

All 4 four of my cars have the extra leaf in the left spring. When I ride in it all it sits level, but I weigh 245#.
Rich W.

On Fri Jul 28 2017 11:16:22 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time), seb fontana via Groups.Io <speedoo51@...> wrote:

I had a 48 panel truck and a 47 Sedan in the past and they had extra leaf in left front spring..I now have a 47 Sedan an it has a extra leaf in left front spring..Three out of three for me..Technically you shouldn't be able to tell as it would be engineered in the stack.. Seb..

A50CROSLEYTRK@...

  Well the long spring leaf hold less weight, travel more, and ride soft, The short leaf hold the most weight, travel very little, and ride is hard. I would look at one of the best middle length with most arch curve.
 bye      Robert