Topics

Front Bellhousing Replace

nobadrivers

I have a question. Is it necessary to remove the crankshaft to remove the front half section of the bellhousing? It looks like after removing the 5 mounting bolts it would be able to be lowered however it is held by two dowels which won't allow it to drop down and the crank flange won't allow it to be removed by pulling outward.

Butch

In the earlier style crankcase, with the rope type seal, yes, the crankshaft needs to be dropped first.
On the late style crankcase, with the neoprene seal, it does not.

Butch

On 3/23/2020 11:49 AM, nobadrivers wrote:
I have a question. Is it necessary to remove the crankshaft to remove the front half section of the bellhousing? It looks like after removing the 5 mounting bolts it would be able to be lowered however it is held by two dowels which won't allow it to drop down and the crank flange won't allow it to be removed by pulling outward.
_._,_._,