From: Jim Bollman <Jim@...>
Date: 12/13/18 10:25 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] For Sale: CoBra Tin Block - CT - $250

Factory rebuilt tinblock engine. ( Short block) $250.
Call Jon in Danbury CT. 845-558-4634
Will ship will have to see how much if needed.

jontench "at" sbcglobal.net

parkhunter@...

Neat! Hadn’t occurred to me that the factory rebuilt the tin blocks. I suppose they did this before they came up with the CIBA replacements.

Neat engine, especially if it runs.

Park

seb fontana

As far as I know the Tin blocks were not boreable; so at best if cylinders not too bad a hone and new rings would be it..Butch what you know?  Seb.

Butch

Well, although the Tin Blocks, were probably not designed to be bored, I know that they can be, kind of.

I bored one, my first and last! Since the cylinders are steel, rather that cast iron, the cuttings come out as long steel strings rather than the dusty chips like cast iron. That makes it very hard to get a good cut.

Also, the liners are pretty thin, so they do flex some under the cutter pressure.

Finally, they don't hone out worth diddly. VERY hard on stones, trying to get/maintain good geometry and obtain a good wall finish.

Overall, a bad idea!

Butch