Topics

For Sale: Bearcat Boat Engines - $950 ea - NY

Jim Bollman

A member spotted this ad and I'm just passing it along. I know nothing about them or the seller. They are suppose to be in running condition. They would require a lot of work to convert them to car engines but it makes a relatively cheap way to more than double your horsepower. With better carburation and headers they will put out 60-70hp. and still weigh close to a stock Crosley so no major suspension and frame work needed.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/301834077278055/

Jim...

dale@servicemotors.net

Their good engines but i have to stay close to 44ci.  The bearcat is 59ci.

On Jan 19, 2019, at 12:04 PM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:

A member spotted this ad and I'm just passing it along. I know nothing about them or the seller. They are suppose to be in running condition. They would require a lot of work to convert them to car engines but it makes a relatively cheap way to more than double your horsepower. With better carburation and headers they will put out 60-70hp. and still weigh close to a stock Crosley so no major suspension and frame work needed.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/301834077278055/

Jim...

Todd Swangstu

I really wanted to do one of these conversions but I spoke with someone out east who used to do the conversions.  He no longer does them apparently and told me what needed to be done.  It seems you have to basically be a machinist and do all the work yourself to make it worth while otherwise have a very good friend who is and willing to give you a tremendous discount on machine work.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 3:04 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
A member spotted this ad and I'm just passing it along. I know nothing about them or the seller. They are suppose to be in running condition. They would require a lot of work to convert them to car engines but it makes a relatively cheap way to more than double your horsepower. With better carburation and headers they will put out 60-70hp. and still weigh close to a stock Crosley so no major suspension and frame work needed.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/301834077278055/

Jim...

seb fontana

I plan to make a Homelite/Bearcat conversion in the future; I'll post when I do..

Edited

Anybody have a running CIBA in decent shape for sale? Text me at 7706686093 or email lftrn97@... that would be com cast dot net