Topics

For Sale: 1951 Crosley LeMans Race Car - $59,500

Jim Bollman

Just found out that the LeMans Crosley is on the market, being sold by Hyman. Good writeup and lots of pictures in the posting. One of the rarest Crosleys in existence with a great history.

https://hymanltd.com/vehicles/6610-1951-crosley-lemans-race-car/

Jim...

seb fontana

Thanks Jim, great bunch of pictures. I'd take that car for a toot in a heartbeat; all I would have to do is buy it!

seb fontana

I was scrutinizing the Lemans Crosley pictures..Looking at the engine I see it has the Crosley script.. But it has four welch plugs? Should only have two, one either side of thermostat housing. Only blocks I know to have four welch plugs are the Homelite/Bearcat Big Blocks [Big bore 2.750]. Then I look at the casting number 308682 [Crosley engine tree,http://crosleyautoclub.com/EngineTree/Crosley_Eng_Tree-3.html .. So its a big Block [2.750 bore] Fageol/Crofton with four plugs And Crosley script; if this is the original block [maybe] then Crosley had it in 1950 when they built the engine.   https://hymanltd.com/vehicles/6610-1951-crosley-lemans-race-car/

Jim Bollman

I seem to remember John telling me he had upgraded to a Big Block. I know several people that have molded the Crosley Script to attach to the Big Block to make their conversion a bit more stock looking, that is my plan if I ever get my BB installed.