For Sale: 1949 Modified Hotshot - CA - $5500 - Accepting Offers

Jim Bollman

For Sale: 1949 modified Hotshot - CA - $5500 - Accepting Offers

Reported to be bought from the family of original owner. Looks to be a solid car with only some rocker panel rust showing. Look at the photos carefully. Not a Crosley engine, owner things it is, Looks like transmission and rear goes with the engine, note the full springs and no coils on the back. Firewall mounted master cylinder, not sure what was done to connect that under the dash but it looks like a hanging clutch and brake pedal. None Crosley rear drum brakes (rear??). Headlights appear to be off something else, windshield is custom or boat. Wheel wells modified for bigger tires. Owner says he has a CA title in his name on NON OP (not sure what that means for buyer). Would be a good start for someone wanting a modified Hotshot.

Here is what the seller sent me.

“My Friend Conrad and I purchase this very restorable 1949 Crosley from the family of the original owner of this car.  He apparently purchased this car new from the dealer. He recently passed away and his kids inherited it.  We trailered the car to a tire shop and had 4 new radial tires installed on it.  Took it to my shop, installed a new battery, checked fluid levels and fired it right up.  The engine sounds good.  We cleaned the car up and had the original seats professionally redone “they look awesome)!  We have decided at this point to sell the car as is and let someone else finish the restoration.  We have too many projects at this time to finish it ourselves.  Not to mention I am 6’6” tall and weigh 270 pounds.  I don’t fit very well in this car!  LOL  It will need the gas tank cleaned, hydraulic brake cylinders rebuilt, ETC…  The car was parked indoors most of it’s life so there is not much rust on it.  The transmission seems to shift fine thru all gears including reverse.  Please let me know if you have any members that might be interested in buying this Crosley from us.  I can be reached on my cell phone. We would like to get $5500 but open to offers.“

Kevin Bever

Atwater, CA

Cell  209.564.1384

Email: Kevin@...