Topics

For sale

tlmccormick_115@...

We have part we would like to sell as a group if possible.
Engine, transmission, radiator, gas tank and some more parts.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

Located near Decatur, AL.

Contact Me

Tom McCormick
(205)635-8940

Andy Farley

I really really need a gas tank for 1948 CC. How much do you want for the gas tank and what condition is it in.
Andy Farley
farleya1@...

Tom McCormick <tlmccormick_115@...>

Nice to talk to you. I will get the dimensions for you.

Tom McCormick
(205)635-8940

On Jun 16, 2020, at 7:51 PM, Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:

I really really need a gas tank for 1948 CC. How much do you want for the gas tank and what condition is it in.
Andy Farley
farleya1@...

Plandersen

I had a friend make one out of steel.  It weighs more than the car.  I will not be able to use it.  Let me know what you find out.  Mine is a 1947 CC Convertible..  Kent

Kent Andersen
PO Box 364
Royal City, WA  99357

Phone 509-346-1500
Fax 509-346-1540
Cell 509-760-5881
Email pkandersen@...

On Jun 16, 2020, at 6:26 PM, Tom McCormick <tlmccormick_115@...> wrote:

Nice to talk to you. I will get the dimensions for you.

Tom McCormick
(205)635-8940

On Jun 16, 2020, at 7:51 PM, Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:

I really really need a gas tank for 1948 CC. How much do you want for the gas tank and what condition is it in.
Andy Farley
farleya1@...

dale@servicemotors.net

Service motors has new stainless steel tanks.  NICE

On Jun 16, 2020, at 7:54 PM, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:

[...]

image5.jpeg

A friend went by and took this picture for me.

How does that look?

Tom McCormick
(205)635-8940

On Jun 16, 2020, at 7:51 PM, Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:

I really really need a gas tank for 1948 CC. How much do you want for the gas tank and what condition is it in.
Andy Farley
farleya1@...

dalef62

What do you want for everything? email me kimndale at g maildot com  take out the spaces use the normal endings...  Sometimes the emails are trunkated.
Dale

dalef62

That should be kimndale97@...
Dale

Plandersen

Dale I’ve bought quite a bit of stuff from you and have always enjoyed working with you.  What is the cost of the gas tanks.  Kent

On Jun 17, 2020, at 11:49 AM, dale@... <Dale@...> wrote:

[...]

Brian Dlapa

i think i have a extra tank for a 47

On Thursday, June 18, 2020, 10:05:27 AM CDT, Plandersen <pkandersen@...> wrote:

[...]

There $400

On Jun 18, 2020, at 5:48 PM, Brian Dlapa via groups.io <treestumpbvd@...> wrote:

[...]

Brett Wright

Can I just weigh in here and say that a new stainless tank at $400 is not all that much more than one would have involved in epoxy lining the interior of an old tank, particularly if you value your time for anything. Don’t ask me how I know please!

Brett Wright
CEO
Wright Construction Co., Inc.

On Jun 18, 2020, at 10:41 PM, dale@... via groups.io <Dale@...> wrote:

[...]

Jim Bollman

I agree with Brett, and are very nice looking tanks. Whoever if you are looking for a perfect restoration for competition in AACA National and such competition they do not look exactly like the stock tank and you will probably get dinged some points. I have been planning on getting one for my 49.

On Jun 19, 2020, at 9:11 AM, Brett Wright <bwright@...> wrote:

[...]

Spock Arnold

I think the size and shape are close enough, that if you painted the tank black to match your underside , a judge, even a good one, would be hard pressed to see it.
Dave Anspach

On Jun 19, 2020 9:44 AM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
[...]

Paula W

A few years ago we had an original tank cleaned and coated at a radiator place, but it was pricey here - over $400. We didn't know about new replacements at the time. For a more recent Crosley project we have one of Service Motors, sturdy and quite pretty in stainless. Agree that painted black it would look very similar to the original.

Brett Wright

I hope to never have my car judged. At least the bottom of it anyway!

Brett Wrightimage1.jpeg
CEO
Wright Construction Co., Inc.

On Jun 19, 2020, at 10:19 AM, Spock Arnold via groups.io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

[...]

Andy Drake

I bought a stainless tank last year at the Nationals. It is a work of art and is excellent quality. One thing: check to see your mounting points underneath the car are not messed up in any way. My car had probably been hit at some point inain the rear and the tangs welded to the new stainless tank would not line up. I ultimately had to fab up some hanger straps that were more flexible. Otherwise, no other issues and would totally buy one again.

Andy Farley

Does the new tank include a sending unit? If it does include a sending unit is t compatible with a 12v system?

Jim Bollman

The picture shows one but I would contact Service Motors to be sure.

Jim...

On Jun 22, 2020, at 3:34 AM, Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:

Does the new tank include a sending unit? If it does include a sending unit is t compatible with a 12v system?

Brian Dlapa

no just a tank