Topics

First start up..

Steve Perry

Edited

Hello All,
Im about ready to attempt to start the engine. I assume it is OK to use pipe plugs to seal up the two threaded holes in the rear as well as the two in the Left Side? Also, is it OK to Plug the rear threaded hole in the water pump.
Also, I have looked for photos on the internet. Does the coil attach to the car or to someplace on the engine?
Thanks,
Steve

L.E. Hardee

Depending on your block year, one of the threaded holes in the rear may not be pipe thread.  If it is a later block, it will be for your temp gauge connection.  May be 5/8 bolt thread????    Two of your pipe thread holes can be used later for you heater connections.

On Sun, Jun 2, 2019 at 3:14 PM Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:
Hello All,
Im about ready to attempt to start the engine. I assume it is OK to use pipe plugs to seal up the two threaded holes in the rear as well as the two in the Left Side? Also, is it OK to Plug the rear threaded hole in the water pump.
Thanks,
Steve

parkhunter@...

The coil does not need to be mounted to the engine. On this site, under Files / Wiring Diagrams, is a simple diagram I made with just the connections needed to run an engine on a test stand. The biggest thing that people forget is making sure that everything that normally gets grounded through the chassis is grounded somehow.

Blessings,

Park

A50CROSLEYTRK@...

Yes one of the hole right rear of the block is 5/8  18 thread BUT has a seat in the bottom to seal temp. bulb.
      bye       Robert