Topics

Fire Truck photo in new Quarterly

papakotis@...

  Got my quarterly today and as usual it's packed full of great stuff! The vintage corner photo on page 19 is from my collection and the firetruck was located in Birmingham Alabama. Fair Park was also home of the Birmingham International Raceway which is all just a memory now. The firetruck , which I rode as a kiddie myself was traded for some new rides for the park back in the early 70's and supposedly was shipped to somewhere in Ohio. Maybe someone can fill in the rest of the story. Thanks, Doug Cottis

crosleyshortsport

Nice photo Doug. Good memory also, I still remember kiddie land in Warsaw, NY.  I learned to " drive " on the cars that went round and round. The operator of the ride must have hated those horns by the end of the day!