Topics

farmoroad seat

jeff

Hello, I am restoring a FOR which came to me with bare seats frames and springs in a box.  I know that the seat bottom has a sheet of plywood.
But I don't know which way the seat bottom springs are oriented.
One side of the seat bottom has circular springs only.  And the other side has circular springs incorporated into a ridgid base with a continuous wire around the perimeter.
Which side goes down, on top of the plywood base?
Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Jeff

Sent from my jphone

crosleyshortsport

The springs are stapled to the plywood base and the framed springs are what you sit on with a covering of felt over the top and edges and foam on top. The front of the seat that you sit on slopes up a bit at the front. I actually removed my springs and re-upholstered over a nice heavy two inch foam piece on the plywood. I did this for safety. My kids drive the FarmOroad quite a bit.  I experienced several times almost falling out of the drivers seat when turning right. I re-did both seats to match. Not original, though I could see catastrophe looming. Hope this helps. Jeffrey

On Wed, Nov 27, 2019, 8:02 PM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Hello, I am restoring a FOR which came to me with bare seats frames and springs in a box.  I know that the seat bottom has a sheet of plywood.
But I don't know which way the seat bottom springs are oriented.
One side of the seat bottom has circular springs only.  And the other side has circular springs incorporated into a ridgid base with a continuous wire around the perimeter.
Which side goes down, on top of the plywood base?
Thanks, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Jeff

Sent from my jphone

Brian Dlapa

do u have a pic of the side handle side and bottom of the seat frame that connects to the floor

On Wednesday, November 27, 2019, 07:42:33 PM CST, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

[...]

Brian,   Here are the requested photos,  the angle iron is 1 and 1/4 inch and the handle bar is 7/8 inch .
The seat frame is 14 and 1/4 from front to back and 18 and 1/4 wide. The seat back is a regular later style, welded to the seat frame after the tubing was crimped at 3 inches in length. The handle bar is 8 and 1/4 inches high from the bottom of the angle iron to the top of the bar. Let me know if you need further measurements.  Jeffrey