Topics

Farm O Road Question

jeff

Does the large bolt holding on the windshield adjustment wheel twist off like a regular bolt?  Mine are stuck after many years of sitting.   Thanks,  Jeff

Butch

Yes, they unscrew, at least part way. I don't recall if the originals were totally removable or were locked.

On 11/19/2019 10:48 PM, jeff wrote:
Does the large bolt holding on the windshield adjustment wheel twist off like a regular bolt?  Mine are stuck after many years of sitting.   Thanks,  Jeff

crosleyshortsport

They screw off the entire way

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019, 7:57 AM Butch via Groups.Io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, they unscrew, at least part way. I don't recall if the originals were totally removable or were locked.

On 11/19/2019 10:48 PM, jeff wrote:
Does the large bolt holding on the windshield adjustment wheel twist off like a regular bolt?  Mine are stuck after many years of sitting.   Thanks,  Jeff

Ron Frost

Give them a good drink of penetrating oil and let set for a couple days.

 Ron Perma Frost

On Wednesday, November 20, 2019, 08:25:13 AM EST, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

They screw off the entire way

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019, 7:57 AM Butch via Groups.Io <butch46988=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yes, they unscrew, at least part way. I don't recall if the originals were totally removable or were locked.

On 11/19/2019 10:48 PM, jeff wrote:
Does the large bolt holding on the windshield adjustment wheel twist off like a regular bolt?  Mine are stuck after many years of sitting.   Thanks,  Jeff

dalef62

Here are a few pics of them tore apart.

dale@servicemotors.net

Ye they do.

On Nov 19, 2019, at 7:48 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:

Does the large bolt holding on the windshield adjustment wheel twist off like a regular bolt?  Mine are stuck after many years of sitting.   Thanks,  Jeff

Attachments:

jeff

Thanks for the advice and info. Lots of PB Blaster and gentle heat from the torch and the bolts came out nicely.

Jeff

Sent from my jphone