Topics

Fageol Crank Case

seb fontana

1) I am in need of a Fageol Crankcase, one that was used in an application that used a Flanged [for a Crosley Flywheel] crank shaft. Some applications may be generators, welders, water pumps, Thermo King, fork lifts, probably all horizontal applications including boats. Reason is I want a heavey duty crankcase that uses the Crosley style rear main seal. Probably made through the Croftons too.

2) I want to install a spridget clutch in a Crosley bell housing per the article in the files. I can get the same clutch kit from the same company [MiniMania] as in the article but it lists at $249.99.!. Am I out of touch or is it worth that much, quality wise? I tried to find a racing one with a solid hub [per Dave L.] but had no luck. I see other clutch kits for around $150 but have no reference for quality.

E mail or message. Thanks, Seb.

David

Hi Seb,

The HD crankcases are getting a bit harder to find, but they are out there.

I bought my 6.5” clutches and disks from Winner’s Circle (spridget.com), but they list the solid hub as not available currently.  They do list a Sprite clutch good for 100 BHP for $200 (check to make sure it’s a 6.5”).  I tried converting a solid disk to ceramic pucks, but I don’t see a benefit.  I have a new ceramic puck one (see pic) that you can have free if you want it.  My flywheel was custom made by a guy locally (Crosley ring gear).

Best,

David

Sent from Mail for Windows 10