Topics

Engine Toque Settings

re moore

Can someone please provide me with the Toque settings for the main and rod bolts. Thanks and Happy New Year (Its got to be better than the last one!)

Jim Bollman

Manual says:
Rod Bearing Nuts - 200-280 inch lbs
Main Bearing Cap Nuts - 150-180 inches lbs
Note the inch pounds.

Jim...

On Dec 31, 2020, at 3:08 PM, re moore via groups.io <wagonmaster142@...> wrote:

Can someone please provide me with the Toque settings for the main and rod bolts. Thanks and Happy New Year (Its got to be better than the last one!)

re moore

Thanks Jim, Inch pounds noted. This is a great forum. Pics when rebuild done.
Rick

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 12:48:43 PM PST, re moore via groups.io <wagonmaster142@...> wrote:

Can someone please provide me with the Toque settings for the main and rod bolts. Thanks and Happy New Year (Its got to be better than the last one!)

re moore

Hi all, Another engine rebuild question. One step closer to finished this after many years.  Can you help me with the firing order and degrees of timing from plus or minus of TDC. Thanks

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 6:37:08 PM PST, re moore <wagonmaster142@...> wrote:

Thanks Jim, Inch pounds noted. This is a great forum. Pics when rebuild done.
Rick

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 12:48:43 PM PST, re moore via groups.io <wagonmaster142@...> wrote:

Can someone please provide me with the Toque settings for the main and rod bolts. Thanks and Happy New Year (Its got to be better than the last one!)

Butch

Firing order: 1342, static timed, 12 degrees BTDC.

Butch

On 1/31/2021 11:29 PM, re moore via groups.io wrote:

Hi all, Another engine rebuild question. One step closer to finished this after many years.  Can you help me with the firing order and degrees of timing from plus or minus of TDC. Thanks
On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 6:37:08 PM PST, re moore <wagonmaster142@...> wrote:

Thanks Jim, Inch pounds noted. This is a great forum. Pics when rebuild done.
Rick

On Thursday, December 31, 2020, 12:48:43 PM PST, re moore via groups.io <wagonmaster142@...> wrote:

Can someone please provide me with the Toque settings for the main and rod bolts. Thanks and Happy New Year (Its got to be better than the last one!)

Jim Liberty

Service Motors has a repair manual. The info. you want is there.    ........Jim.