Topics

Engine pics

Ron Dole

Does anyone have some nice pictures of their painted up engine and surrounding area. I am in the process of restoring my 49 Sedan, and was looking for different color ideas for different parts. I'm trying to avoid just painting everything black. I am not necessarily trying for the exact factory paint job.

Thanks,
Ron

Spock Arnold

Ron, if you go on the club web page there are lots of pics from the shows through the years.  Also there are nice guides to each body style that also have under hood shots

On Oct 3, 2018 6:49 AM, Ron Dole <rdole417@...> wrote:
Does anyone have some nice pictures of their painted up engine and surrounding area. I am in the process of restoring my 49 Sedan, and was looking for different color ideas for different parts. I'm trying to avoid just painting everything black. I am not necessarily trying for the exact factory paint job.

Thanks,
Ron

parkhunter@...

These photos are a tin block, and you probably have a cast iron block... but it sure is purty when the paint is fresh and the decals are crisp! This was an attempt to replicate the paint remnants on a low-mileage engine taken off the road in 1951.

- Park

crosleyshortsport

One more of my '48 wagon

crosleyshortsport

One more

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018, 9:42 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
One more of my '48 wagon

Joe Brownsberger

Thank you this will eventually help me down the road when I'm ready to put my car back together then. Now I have complete detailed pictures I can reference!

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018, 10:14 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
One more

On Fri, Oct 5, 2018, 9:42 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
One more of my '48 wagon

Attachments:

Ron Dole

Sorry for not responding sooner, but been getting the last camping trip in before I put the camper to sleep.
Thanks for the pics guys, these will help. I hope to have the car ready for the nationals, as it will be quite different than a normal paint job.
Spock, I went back through the 2013 shows, and there were very few, in engine compartment, close enough to see detail, pictures. There were alot of open hood pics, just not close enough for details.