Topics

Door Handels

Bill

Outside Door Handles
Am I correct in remembering that Pre - War and early 46 CC's had a longer square part so the inside door handle fit on it?
IE: no remote handle up front on the door.
I need a pair EVEN rust/crappy ones.

crosleyshortsport

I would check with Service motors or Yankee Crosley Parts.

On Feb 28, 2018 8:34 AM, "checkerthree via Groups.Io" <checkerthree=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Outside Door Handles
Am I correct in remembering that Pre - War and early 46 CC's had a longer square part so the inside door handle fit on it?
IE: no remote handle up front on the door.
I need a pair EVEN rust/crappy ones.

bkrsdoz

The prewar door handles were nickel metal covered on the outside.
I don't think the square shafts were any longer that the postwar ones, as I believe the inside handles are the same, at least  from '46-48.
Bob

Bob Hickman

The early post war door handle had a longer shaft to acomodate the inside door handle. The change took place in mid 1947 when the inside handle was moved forward.

Bob Hickman

The prewar door handles were nickel metal covered on the outside.
I don't think the square shafts were any longer that the postwar ones, as I believe the inside handles are the same, at least  from '46-48.
Bob

Bob Hickman

The exterior door handles for pre war and early post war had longer shafts so the interior door handle fit. The late 47 and 48 had a remote inside door handle. All cd models had the remote door handle. I am not sure about the 51 and 52 super sports.

Bob Hickman

I would check with Service motors or Yankee Crosley Parts.

On Feb 28, 2018 8:34 AM, "checkerthree via Groups.Io" <checkerthree=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Outside Door Handles
Am I correct in remembering that Pre - War and early 46 CC's had a longer square part so the inside door handle fit on it?
IE: no remote handle up front on the door.
I need a pair EVEN rust/crappy ones.

Gene Smith

Are those door Handels in the front, or the Bach?
~Gene Smith~
who just couldn’t leave it alone, in Houston

On Mar 2, 2018, at 3:34 PM, Bob Hickman <bobhofaz@...> wrote:

The exterior door handles for pre war and early post war had longer shafts so the interior door handle fit. The late 47 and 48 had a remote inside door handle. All cd models had the remote door handle. I am not sure about the 51 and 52 super sports.

Bob Hickman
I would check with Service motors or Yankee Crosley Parts.

On Feb 28, 2018 8:34 AM, "checkerthree via Groups.Io" <checkerthree=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Outside Door Handles
Am I correct in remembering that Pre - War and early 46 CC's had a longer square part so the inside door handle fit on it?
IE: no remote handle up front on the door.
I need a pair EVEN rust/crappy ones.

Bob Hickman

The pre war and early post war interior door handle was located at the rear of the door and connected to the outside door handle. The later  cc models and all cd models had remote door handles and this allowed the interior door handle to be moved forward on the door.

I do hope this clears up this matter. Thanks for your interest.

Bob Hickman