Topics

Distributor Question

Vespa Roberto

Dear Seb

I am Italian can you suggest me which distributor is mounted on the 1950 crosley engine or compatible distributor
thank you

Roberto Vespa

Jim Bollman

If I understand what you are looking for.

Crosley used two different distributors a Small Distributor - Auto Lite UGW-4181-C and a Large Distributor - Auto Lite IAD-40038 3F. There were also a couple of magnetos also used for military use and are intended for a constant speed, one is belt driven the other goes in the same hole as the distributor. After market racing magnetos were offered by a couple of companies, expensive and hard to find.

I don't know of any other compatible distributors. You can get a replacement distributor from one of our Crosley parts suppliers like Service Motors, Dave Edwards, or Yankee Crosley. http://crosleyautoclub.com/PartsSuppliers.html

JIm...

On Jan 30, 2020, at 6:26 AM, Vespa Roberto <info@...> wrote:

Dear Seb
I am Italian can you suggest me which distributor is mounted on the 1950 crosley engine or compatible distributor
thank you
Roberto Vespa

aeropower2