Topics

Distributor question

Steve Perry

Hello All..
I am putting my engine back together (‘51 Super Sports) and while setting the distributor I noticed the book shows a seal (see photo #13) that sits on the distributor side of the drive gear. Is this an o-Ring or some type of seal I need to purchase?
 Thanks
Steve Perry

crosleyshortsport

Steve, I am not sure about it, I recommend calling, Dale at Service Motors or Ted at Yankee Crosley Parts or Barry Seel.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 1:37 PM Steve Perry <sperryfish@... wrote:
Hello All..
I am putting my engine back together (‘51 Super Sports) and while setting the distributor I noticed the book shows a seal (see photo #13) that sits on the distributor side of the drive gear. Is this an o-Ring or some type of seal I need to purchase?
 Thanks
Steve Perry

Steve Perry

I spoke with Ted and he helped me out..
Thanks

On Feb 7, 2019, at 4:04 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Steve, I am not sure about it, I recommend calling, Dale at Service Motors or Ted at Yankee Crosley Parts or Barry Seel.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 1:37 PM Steve Perry <sperryfish@... wrote:
Hello All..
I am putting my engine back together (‘51 Super Sports) and while setting the distributor I noticed the book shows a seal (see photo #13) that sits on the distributor side of the drive gear. Is this an o-Ring or some type of seal I need to purchase?
 Thanks
Steve Perry

Jim Bollman

So what was the answer?

On Feb 7, 2019, at 5:35 PM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

I spoke with Ted and he helped me out..
Thanks

On Feb 7, 2019, at 4:04 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Steve, I am not sure about it, I recommend calling, Dale at Service Motors or Ted at Yankee Crosley Parts or Barry Seel.

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 1:37 PM Steve Perry <sperryfish@... wrote:
Hello All..
I am putting my engine back together (‘51 Super Sports) and while setting the distributor I noticed the book shows a seal (see photo #13) that sits on the distributor side of the drive gear. Is this an o-Ring or some type of seal I need to purchase?
 Thanks
Steve Perry

Steve Perry

He told me it was an o-Ring. So I pulled the distributor back out and it was in a recess in the housing where it goes into the block. I had one the same size so now it’s a new one.
Thanks for the help...