Topics

Distributor question

Steve Perry

Hello All..
I am putting my engine back together (‘51 Super Sports) and while setting the distributor I noticed the book shows a seal (see photo #13) that sits on the distributor side of the drive gear. Is this an o-Ring or some type of seal I need to purchase?
 Thanks 
Steve Perry

crosleyshortsport

Steve, I am not sure about it, I recommend calling, Dale at Service Motors or Ted at Yankee Crosley Parts or Barry Seel. 

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 1:37 PM Steve Perry <sperryfish@... wrote:
Hello All..
I am putting my engine back together (‘51 Super Sports) and while setting the distributor I noticed the book shows a seal (see photo #13) that sits on the distributor side of the drive gear. Is this an o-Ring or some type of seal I need to purchase?
 Thanks 
Steve Perry

Steve Perry

I spoke with Ted and he helped me out..
Thanks 

On Feb 7, 2019, at 4:04 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Steve, I am not sure about it, I recommend calling, Dale at Service Motors or Ted at Yankee Crosley Parts or Barry Seel. 

Hello All..
 Thanks 
Steve Perry

Jim Bollman

So what was the answer?

On Feb 7, 2019, at 5:35 PM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

I spoke with Ted and he helped me out..
Thanks 

On Feb 7, 2019, at 4:04 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Hello All..
 Thanks 
Steve Perry

Steve Perry

He told me it was an o-Ring. So I pulled the distributor back out and it was in a recess in the housing where it goes into the block. I had one the same size so now it’s a new one.
Thanks for the help...