Topics

Deane Sherman

crosleyshortsport

The Crosley Automobile Club has lost a good friend. Deane Sherman was dedicated to the growth of our club and always careful with the direction of the club. Deane was a friend to everyone, and always willing to have a nice long talk about Crosleys, motorcycles, tractors, or life in general. Deane will be greatly missed at the national meet. We shall carry on per his instruction.  Below is a picture I am fotunate to have, and would like to share with you.
                                Respectfully,
                       Jeffrey A. Ackermam

Jim Bollman

Not sure where Jeff's picture went, I think he forgot to attach it.

I talked to Deane's significant other Pat and she said it was Deane's wishes not to have a service, or an obituary in the paper so don't look for those. For the Facebook crowd he apparently said he didn't mind it spread to the club but to keep it off Facebook.

I have known Deane for almost 60 years, I grew up with his younger brother and spent many days hanging out at his Mother's house. When Deane got interested in Crosleys he became a good friend not the older brother to Dave that made him finish his chores before we could raise hell.

I have attached two of my favorite pictures of Deane, I may find more over the next few days.

The first one I took of him sitting in my parents kitchen just shooting the breeze one evening about 12 years ago. The second picture is the first Crosley Deane restored, he won his class at the 1979 Crosley Nationals with it.

crosleyshortsport

Edited

Nice recollection and photos Jim, I will attach the photo again.

On Feb 26, 2018 11:22 AM, "Jim Bollman" <Jim@...> wrote:
[...]

Gabriel Haddad

My condolences to the Sherman family. Deane was a great guy and I always looked forward to seeing him at the meets.

--

Tim Hamblen

The worst part of growing old, losing people you care for.As we say around here......"He was a cutter "

Spock Arnold

It has been extremely hard for me to put my feelings into the correct words.  We have lost a man who was a friend and mentor to me and many others.  It is possible that this Club would not exist without Deane.  His actions took us through some very difficult times. He taught me a lot and guided me personally through some rough patches.   His cheerful smile and wise council was always freely shared.  We will not be the same without him.

On Feb 27, 2018 8:05 PM, "Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io" <flinttim@...> wrote:
The worst part of growing old, losing people you care for.As we say around here......"He was a cutter "

crosleyshortsport

Dave,  Those words are just right.

On Feb 27, 2018 8:05 PM, "Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io" <flinttim=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The worst part of growing old, losing people you care for.As we say around here......"He was a cutter "

Dale Kurzen

I first met Deane and Pat at the Vintage Motorbike Meet at Plain City, Ohio several years ago and each year after. What a neat friendly guy. We shot the breeze and made each other laugh, always. I never really knew his last name but seeing his Farm Crosley I knew he was lurking close by. My condolences to Pat and his family. He was one of a kind and will be greatly missed.

Dale Kurzen, Massillon, Ohio

On Mar 1, 2018, at 5:56 AM, Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

It has been extremely hard for me to put my feelings into the correct words.  We have lost a man who was a friend and mentor to me and many others.  It is possible that this Club would not exist without Deane.  His actions took us through some very difficult times. He taught me a lot and guided me personally through some rough patches.   His cheerful smile and wise council was always freely shared.  We will not be the same without him.

On Feb 27, 2018 8:05 PM, "Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io" <flinttim@...> wrote:
The worst part of growing old, losing people you care for.As we say around here......"He was a cutter "

BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@AOL.COM>

Deane was the kind of person, that when you first met him you knew he was going to be a great friend. He was there to give a hand no matter what, any time, or place. He was a wealth of knowledge, and would share that knowledge freely, and if you screwed up, he wasn't afraid to reprimand you either. Every year upon arriving at Wauseon the first thing  I would do, was go over and sit with Deane, and chat.
  I will surely miss him!
Barry

Terrance Robinson

It's so fortunate that we now have the memorial picnic as part of the National--to enable us to grieve together for such significant losses to the club--and to humanity--Terry

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 9:27 AM, BARRY SEEL <CROSLEY19@...> via Groups.Io <CROSLEY19@...> wrote:
Deane was the kind of person, that when you first met him you knew he was going to be a great friend. He was there to give a hand no matter what, any time, or place. He was a wealth of knowledge, and would share that knowledge freely, and if you screwed up, he wasn't afraid to reprimand you either. Every year upon arriving at Wauseon the first thing  I would do, was go over and sit with Deane, and chat.
  I will surely miss him!
Barry

--
Hurt not the Earth neither the Sea. Nor the Trees.                         Revelation 7:3
"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."

dalef62

My condolences to the Sherman family.  Deane was quite a man, always there to help out.  When Kim and I bought the CD station wagon from the club silent auction several years ago, Deane offered up his barn to store it in till we could get back out to get it.  Always full of conversations and a wealth of knowledge, he will be missed!  I am sure he is in Heaven chatting away with Powell Crosley!  Rest easy Deane...
Dale and Kim