Topics

Crosley Wheels

jeff

I went through my collection of Crosley wheels and noticed that a few of them are wider than the standard Crosley wheel.  The standard Crosley wheel looks to be 4 inches wide, and some of my wheels are 5 inches wide.  Anyone know what the 5 inch wide wheels are for?

James Dlapa

Could very well be for a Crofton Bug.
They have wider wheels. I don’t have mine near me to measure.

On Sat, Oct 3, 2020 at 6:20 PM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
I went through my collection of Crosley wheels and noticed that a few of them are wider than the standard Crosley wheel.  The standard Crosley wheel looks to be 4 inches wide, and some of my wheels are 5 inches wide.  Anyone know what the 5 inch wide wheels are for?

Attachments:

Jim Bollman

Not sure where you are measuring but there is two size of Crosley rims and a multitude of non Crosley rims with the same bolt pattern, that size is/was used on lots of different trailers.

1939-41 4.25X12
1942-52 4.50X12

Jim...

On Oct 3, 2020, at 9:20 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:

I went through my collection of Crosley wheels and noticed that a few of them are wider than the standard Crosley wheel.  The standard Crosley wheel looks to be 4 inches wide, and some of my wheels are 5 inches wide.  Anyone know what the 5 inch wide wheels are for?
<20201003_161820.jpg>

James Dlapa

The prewar cars I have out here have wheels that measure 3.5 overall width x12”