Topics

Crosley speed equipment ...... where to find

Tim Hamblen

Is any Braje stuff still being made ? And since Sonny Hull passed is his business still being operated ? I find no mention of either on the Internet but still see Braje stuff pop up now and then. Like the fabricated Braje header. Is any available or is someone sitting on it ?

David R. Lambert

Braje stuff is still being made.  If you google Braje Engineering you should find their phone number.  Give them a call.  The fabricated exhaust manifold is their newest product (I have one--it's a beauty!).

R Howard

Hey David: nothing comes up for Braje Engineering; do you have a link? Thanks

Will

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 6:12 AM, David R. Lambert <mljdrl@...> wrote:

Braje stuff is still being made.  If you google Braje Engineering you should find their phone number.  Give them a call.  The fabricated exhaust manifold is their newest product (I have one--it's a beauty!).

PATRICIA GRITTI

Hi
Found a listing as; dan@.... Have sent an email asking for price & availability. BTW before his death Chick Kohler sold Braje equipment. Wonder whether Chuck's widow or Barry Seel, Chuck's friend have any information about Braje availability.
Don

On May 28, 2017 at 8:31 AM "R Howard via Groups.Io" <howardman42@...> wrote:

Hey David: nothing comes up for Braje Engineering; do you have a link? Thanks

Will

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 6:12 AM, David R. Lambert <mljdrl@...> wrote:

Braje stuff is still being made.  If you google Braje Engineering you should find their phone number.  Give them a call.  The fabricated exhaust manifold is their newest product (I have one--it's a beauty!).

On May 28, 2017 at 8:31 AM "R Howard via Groups.Io" <howardman42@...> wrote:

Hey David: nothing comes up for Braje Engineering; do you have a link? Thanks

Will

On Sunday, May 28, 2017 6:12 AM, David R. Lambert <mljdrl@...> wrote:

Braje stuff is still being made.  If you google Braje Engineering you should find their phone number.  Give them a call.  The fabricated exhaust manifold is their newest product (I have one--it's a beauty!).

At one time they were only selling to a few resellers that did any final finishing, don't know if that has changed.

Jim...

[...]

For whatever reason , email addresses get cut off. If someone has the email for Braje, leave the "@" off of it and maybe it will go thru.Also what about camshafts ? I know that Ed Iskendarian had profiles back in the day and knowing Ed he likely still has them but anyone else ? How did it work back then ? You sent the grinder an old cam and they welded it up and then ground them ?

L.E. Hardee

Not an expert in speed modifications, but there was a bigger cam available that would take a lobe regrind without welding.  Maybe it was from a later military, refrigeration, or boat motor??  Someone else may know the details

On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 4:27 PM, Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io <flinttim@...> wrote:
For whatever reason , email addresses get cut off. If someone has the email for Braje, leave the "@" off of it and maybe it will go thru.Also what about camshafts ? I know that Ed Iskendarian had profiles back in the day and knowing Ed he likely still has them but anyone else ? How did it work back then ? You sent the grinder an old cam and they welded it up and then ground them ?

PATRICIA GRITTI

Hi
When Barry Seel built my big block 53 cu in engine he provided a mild cam. Think it was a Crane. Have had cams from Bearcat engines that had much larger profiles than stock Crosley. Barry felt getting Bearcat cams reground would be too costly.
Don

On May 28, 2017 at 4:35 PM "L.E. Hardee" <hftsales@...> wrote:

[...]

Dave Shipman

I got a racing cam made by Schneider Racing cams and sorry, i don't know where you would find one & mines not for sale :-)

Dave Shipman

BRAJE EQUIPMENT
Gardina, CA.
(323)-321-2247

Dave Shipman

LEFT COAST TIME!!!
Just called them and someone answered at 11:30 pm! Woops!!! But he said Nick Braje's son has it all !!! They'll be back open Tuesday.

Dave Shipman

.... and when i say it all - i'm referring to the valve cover, water jackets, oil pan, and exhaust header. Sorry, no racing cams, but ask him and maybe you'll get lucky on a lead. Good luck!

kirkbrit@...

Braje Equipment NOT engineering brings up a load of the following.

But on the internet, seldom is old information retracted.  No web site I can find:
Phone: (323) 321 2247
1651 W 130 St
Gardena Los Angeles CA 90249-2001

David R. Lambert

Braje does not have a web site.  Order over the phone.  Braz is a very nice, very helpful guy.

David

David R. Lambert

I have had several cams done by Web Camshafts, in Riverside, CA.  They do have a web site.  I send them a Crosley cam with decent looking bearing journals, and they weld it up and grind it to my specs.

David