From: Crosley-Gang@groups.io [mailto:Crosley-Gang@groups.io] On Behalf Of Mike via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2019 11:28 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] Crosley Sheet Metal Question??

On my 50 cd I noticed the fender is separated from the firewall/floor pan. Big gap are they supposed to be spot welded together or what’s the deal with it?
 I don’t seem to see any original spot welds just the little L bracket welded to fender and bolted to floor pan.

Attached photo of it.

Attachments:

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)

parkhunter@...

I had the same gap on my 48. I caulked it with a nice flexible black silicone. Looks fine.

Park

Richard Williams

They were caulked to begin with I think. Rich

On Friday, September 13, 2019, 08:10:48 PM PDT, <parkhunter@...> wrote:

I had the same gap on my 48. I caulked it with a nice flexible black silicone. Looks fine.

Park

Kenn Cahill

There was an angled piece of sheet metal that screwed to the footboard. Weatherstripping went between the angle metal and the inside of the front fender. It is listed in the parts manual.

kcahill@...

There was an angled piece of sheet metal that screwed to the toeboard. Weatherstripping went between the angled piece and the inside of the fender. The bottom of the angle was rusted off in this vehicle.
These parts are listed in the parts manual.

Mike <seller432@...>

Yeah I was thinking they must of had something. I can almost fit my whole hand through the gap. I plan on marking a filler piece and welding it in also should help stiffen fender up a bit.

IMG_3049.jpg: https://groups.io/g/Crosley-Gang/attachment/37399/0