Topics

Crosley Registries...

dalef62

For the National meet I would like to see displays of all the Crosley Registries.  I think it would be a great time to display these and see how many of each model are known and how many are still on the road.  To me it would be fun to see which cars are close to mine in VIN, or who has the earliest or lastest production vehicle still running.  I believe we have someone doing registries for all models, but I am not sure.  I know Jim Bollman has the registry for the FOR and Fred Syrdal has the VC.
In this same vane, I think this would be a good year to add to those registries, having everyone check there Crosley's and bring there VIN's to the meet.
I have talked to Dave A. and Jeff A. about this and have there approval.
If those that have the registries could contact me and let me know if this is a good idea or not, I would appreciate it.  kimndale97 at googlemail dot com
Dale

Mike S

I'm the moderator for the 1966 Studebaker registry for the Studebaker Driver's club.  I think it's fun to attempt to log in all the survivors, although I have learned there are some owners who do not want to be on any type of list, not matter what kind it is.  They only made 8900 Studebakers during their last year of production.  I have less than 200 vin numbers registered so far.
Mike S

I like the idea of a Crosley registry. I have discovered a lot about VIN (serial) numbers on VC’s as my serial number plate was missing. After much research I was able to find the number on the frame after sanding off some of the paint - VC10091. I am having a new plate made by the former owner of Service Motors as he still has the tooling to make the plates. Without the Serial Number California would not have registered the vehicle as a Crosley!

- Steve Cameron

On Apr 22, 2019, at 7:41 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

I'm the moderator for the 1966 Studebaker registry for the Studebaker Driver's club.  I think it's fun to attempt to log in all the survivors, although I have learned there are some owners who do not want to be on any type of list, not matter what kind it is.  They only made 8900 Studebakers during their last year of production.  I have less than 200 vin numbers registered so far.
Mike S

Jim Hostetter

I recently bought a 1951 Crosley Station Wagon with a missing serial number plate. You mentioned you found the vin# on the frame. Where would that be located? I will also be interested in having a new vin# plate made. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Jim Hostetter