Topics

Crosley Headlight Switch Removal

jeff

I am disassembling a Hotshot for restoration.   What is the proper way to remove the original light switch from the dash?  Thanks,  Jeff

L.E. Hardee

It has been a while, but I believe there is a spring loaded button on the switch under the dash you have to push to release the knob and shaft.  Then you can remove the nut holding the switch to the dash.

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 11:31 AM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
I am disassembling a Hotshot for restoration.   What is the proper way to remove the original light switch from the dash?  Thanks,  Jeff

Spock Arnold

Remove knob, remove outside nut(it may be necessary to loosen the inside one first) pull switch inside dash drop down and disconnect.

On May 25, 2020 11:31 AM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
I am disassembling a Hotshot for restoration.   What is the proper way to remove the original light switch from the dash?  Thanks,  Jeff

jeff

Thanks for the advice.  This particular light switch is original to the Hotshot.   Does the knob unscrew, or pull straight off?  I don't want to break anything.
Jeff

Sent from my jphone

Remove knob, remove outside nut(it may be necessary to loosen the inside one first) pull switch inside dash drop down and disconnect.

On May 25, 2020 11:31 AM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
I am disassembling a Hotshot for restoration.   What is the proper way to remove the original light switch from the dash?  Thanks,  Jeff

L.E. Hardee

Shaft and knob are one piece.  It doesn't unscrew.  Reach under dash and on top switch.  Feel for little button.  Press it down.  Knob/shaft should pull free of switch.

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 11:50 AM jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
Thanks for the advice.  This particular light switch is original to the Hotshot.   Does the knob unscrew, or pull straight off?  I don't want to break anything.
Jeff

Sent from my jphone

Remove knob, remove outside nut(it may be necessary to loosen the inside one first) pull switch inside dash drop down and disconnect.

On May 25, 2020 11:31 AM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
I am disassembling a Hotshot for restoration.   What is the proper way to remove the original light switch from the dash?  Thanks,  Jeff

jeff

My switch is missing the button and installed upside down.  I pushed in the hole with an ice pick and pushed the lever holding in the shaft.   Worked great.   Thanks to all and happy Memorial Day!
Jeff

Sent from my jphone