Topics

Crosley Farm O Road Battery Cover

jeff

I am restoring a FOR that was in rough shape.  What kind of fastener holds down the metal battery cover?  There are two holes in the cover that match up to the body.  Are there special bolts for these two holes?  Anyone have a photo of the original factory fastener?  Thanks,  Jeff

Spock Arnold

Jeff; I dont remember what is correct. I just tapped the holes and put in a pan head bolt. I covered it with floor mat .

On Apr 22, 2020 8:08 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:
I am restoring a FOR that was in rough shape.  What kind of fastener holds down the metal battery cover?  There are two holes in the cover that match up to the body.  Are there special bolts for these two holes?  Anyone have a photo of the original factory fastener?  Thanks,  Jeff

crosleyshortsport

Jeff,   I put black plastic push-in fasteners in those holes. Because you will need to get in that area a few times a year, use something that is easy to get on and off. The rubber mat covers it.