Topics

Crosley dress up/performance

Jeremy Rutherford

Is anybody selling new headers, dual carb manifolds, or finned cam covers etc, or are old ones or making my own the only option? I'm wanting to start collecting some of these parts for my project but am not finding much, and the few that I have seen have been very expensive.
Sent from my iPhone

crosleyshortsport

Jeremy,   The fellow who was making up the dual carb/manifold set-ups has passed on. The remake finned cam covers can be found at a reasonable cost. Anything Braja will be pricey. I recommend advertising in the club quarterly to see if anyone has the parts you desire.

On Sep 3, 2017 2:17 AM, "Jeremy Rutherford" <jruthe2@...> wrote:

Is anybody selling new headers, dual carb manifolds, or finned cam covers etc, or are old ones or making my own the only option?  I'm wanting to start collecting some of these parts for my project but am not finding much, and the few that I have seen have been very expensive.
Sent from my iPhone

Kenn Cahill

https://groups.io/g/Crosley-Gang/message/34701

Service Motors is selling newly manufactured Braje accessories.
Sent from my iPhone

Steve

Jeff A, Barry Seel,

Was Chuck’s son trying to keep the carb / intake / header business going?

-Steve M.

Jeremy,   The fellow who was making up the dual carb/manifold set-ups has passed on. The remake finned cam covers can be found at a reasonable cost. Anything Braja will be pricey. I recommend advertising in the club quarterly to see if anyone has the parts you desire.

On Sep 3, 2017 2:17 AM, "Jeremy Rutherford" <jruthe2@...> wrote:

Is anybody selling new headers, dual carb manifolds, or finned cam covers etc, or are old ones or making my own the only option?  I'm wanting to start collecting some of these parts for my project but am not finding much, and the few that I have seen have been very expensive.
Sent from my iPhone

Tim Hamblen

The stuff shows up on ebay and other sites occasionally  , including here, but you will pay dearly for it.I've seen used oil pans sell for $300 and the guy had to fight people off. Nick's son does make a few exhaust headers, not cast but fabricated and they are very nice but there again they will run you 400 or better.If you can find the stuff all new I'd figure right at a grand minimum. Used, probably close to that.

crosleyshortsport

Steve Miller, In answering your question, is Chuck Koehler going to continue with the carbs and such ?  He had talked about it though I have not heard anything further and He was not at Wauseon.

On Sep 4, 2017 1:02 PM, "Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io" <flinttim=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The stuff shows up on ebay and other sites occasionally  , including here, but you will pay dearly for it.I've seen used oil pans sell for $300 and the guy had to fight people off. Nick's son does make a few exhaust headers, not cast but fabricated and they are very nice but there again they will run you 400 or better.If you can find the stuff all new I'd figure right at a grand minimum. Used, probably close to that.

dale@servicemotors.net

Yes service motors has everything you need.  Check out the website. Servicemotors.net

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 3, 2017, at 4:17 AM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Jeremy,   The fellow who was making up the dual carb/manifold set-ups has passed on. The remake finned cam covers can be found at a reasonable cost. Anything Braja will be pricey. I recommend advertising in the club quarterly to see if anyone has the parts you desire.

On Sep 3, 2017 2:17 AM, "Jeremy Rutherford" <jruthe2@...> wrote:

Is anybody selling new headers, dual carb manifolds, or finned cam covers etc, or are old ones or making my own the only option?  I'm wanting to start collecting some of these parts for my project but am not finding much, and the few that I have seen have been very expensive.
Sent from my iPhone

Jeremy Rutherford

I must be missing something,  I can't seem to find the parts on the service motors website when I search?  That was one of the first places I checked

Jeremy Rutherford

I thought I remembered seeing a cam cover at the service motors stand at wauseon

crosleyshortsport

Jeremy,  They may not list everything they have, make contact with Dale.

On Sep 4, 2017 4:11 PM, "Jeremy Rutherford" <jruthe2@...> wrote:
I must be missing something,  I can't seem to find the parts on the service motors website when I search?  That was one of the first places I checked

gaelecsol@...

Chuck Koehler passed away, I believe within the last two years.

On Sep 4, 2017 1:02 PM, "Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io" <flinttim@...> wrote:
The stuff shows up on ebay and other sites occasionally  , including here, but you will pay dearly for it.I've seen used oil pans sell for $300 and the guy had to fight people off. Nick's son does make a few exhaust headers, not cast but fabricated and they are very nice but there again they will run you 400 or better.If you can find the stuff all new I'd figure right at a grand minimum. Used, probably close to that.

Tim Hamblen

Chuck Sr passed, his son is Chuck too I believe.

Steve

A year ago when I spoke with Chuck’s wife, Sharon, at Wauseon, she thought their son might continue to work on the Tillotsons and such.

[...]

Your not missing anything we just havent had a few seconds to get pictures up there.  Just give us a call. 866-449-0029

Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 4, 2017, at 1:16 PM, Jeremy Rutherford <jruthe2@...> wrote:

I thought I remembered seeing a cam cover at the service motors stand at wauseon

CROSLEY19@...

Dave (Chuck's son) is so busy, he doesn't have the time to even find everything yet in the garage.
Barry