Topics

Crosley devins

phhfixit@...

I have a 1949 devins kit car on a crosley frame. Most everything is there. I am missing the gen/water pump and the motor mounts. I have lots of spares. What is it worth and is any one interested in the kit. I believe I have the title, but have to look for it.

Bill Cunningham <billsgarage@...>

Interested. Location?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 6, 2017, at 8:29 PM, "phhfixit@... [Crosley_Gang]" <Crosley_Gang@...> wrote:

I have a 1949 devins kit car on a crosley frame. Most everything is there. I am missing the gen/water pump and the motor mounts. I have lots of spares. What is it worth and is any one interested in the kit. I believe I have the title, but have to look for it.

ROBERT L GREGG <capngrog@...>

Location and photographs please.

On Friday, January 6, 2017 9:31 PM, "Bill Cunningham billsgarage@... [Crosley_Gang]" wrote:

Interested. Location?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 6, 2017, at 8:29 PM, "phhfixit@... [Crosley_Gang]" <Crosley_Gang@...> wrote:

I have a 1949 devins kit car on a crosley frame. Most everything is there. I am missing the gen/water pump and the motor mounts. I have lots of spares. What is it worth and is any one interested in the kit. I believe I have the title, but have to look for it.

sperryfish@...

I am interested. Please provide a couple photos..
Thanks
Steve

RG003029@...

Please post some photos and the "asking" price.

I am interested as I need a vehicle for my modified Crosley engine.

Randy

In a message dated 1/6/2017 6:37:46 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Crosley_Gang@... writes:

Location and photographs please.

On Friday, January 6, 2017 9:31 PM, "Bill Cunningham billsgarage@... [Crosley_Gang]" wrote:

Interested. Location?

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 6, 2017, at 8:29 PM, "phhfixit@... [Crosley_Gang]" <Crosley_Gang@...> wrote:

I have a 1949 devins kit car on a crosley frame. Most everything is there. I am missing the gen/water pump and the motor mounts. I have lots of spares. What is it worth and is any one interested in the kit. I believe I have the title, but have to look for it.

Phil Hamilton <phhfixit@...>

I am on the west side of St. Louis. The car was built by a dr stits in Columbia mo. And owned for several years. Then it was sold to the gentleman who was the first to hired my father when he started his company. Walter Smarr. Walter drove it around for a decade or so until a rod stated knocking. Around 1982 I believe, that was the last plate in the car. Walter was getting older and apparently drove the little car like a mad man. He took it to several friends and they all told him the car was a loss.(for his protection) So it sat in his barn which fell In on the car till my father bought the car from him. They reached a price and dad said he would write a check, reached for his check book and it was empty. He told Walter that he would have my mother drop a check off the following day, mom dropped the check off and Walter was not in the office. He was never late. They found him dead at the bottom of his stares.
Then a lawyer got involved told Walter jr and my father how hard it is to get a car out of an estate. He ran poor Walter he threw the ringer. The car stayed in the estate for two or three year.
My father and Walter jr were having breakfast at the local dinner with a friend and discussed the car. The friend said it's easy to get a car out of an estate. All you need is a power of attorney, death certificate, the title and 37.50$. Walter jr called him a fool because his lawyers had charged him all this money and effort it could not be that simple.
So my father and Walter jr being in construction and the rain falling that day they had nothing else to do so off they went to the DMV. The little lady asked for all three things and a check for 37.50$. According to my father Walter jr turned bright red, told him to get a cab back to his car because he had an emergency meeting with some lawyers.
So my father traded some work with a local corvette body man to repair the damage from the barn. Which took the bum about six years to complete and the threat of having to pay for the dirt work dad did.
My father died on June 1 2008 and I have been the care taker of the project ever since. Dad had the motor in pieces to repair it when some thieves broke into our shop and stole all the wire and metal that they could carry. Including the motor.
I managed to find a motor at a local airfield that the gentleman had owned for 50 years. I believe it is a boat motor the head says Aerojet. It has compression and is free.

Sent from my I phone

Sent from my I phone

On Friday, January 6, 2017 9:31 PM, "Bill Cunningham billsgarage@... [Crosley_Gang]" <Crosley_Gang@...> wrote:

[...]

tmkldwwj@...

Put me on the list as interested in purchasing your Devin also. Restored it would make a fantastic concours show car!!! Dave Anspach 307 Schaeffer Road, Blandon, Pa. 19510 484-269-4428.

Did anybody ever buy this?

crosleyshortsport

Jim,  whatever you are refering to, is not showing up.

On Sun, Mar 31, 2019, 9:18 AM Jim Murphy <lftrn97@...> wrote:
Did anybody ever buy this?

Was referring to the crosley devin discussed in this thread.