Topics

Crosley Brake Switch Question

jeff

I received a new brake light switch from one of the Crosley vendors.  It has two male prongs.   But the prongs are a smaller diameter than the standard wiring harness bullet connectors.  So a wiring connector will not connect the wiring harness to the brake light switch due to the connector fitting too loose on the smaller diameter brake switch prongs.
Any ideas how to make this work?
Thanks
Jeff

Butch

Take it to a parts or an electrical supply house, find a couple of female bullet connectors, the correct size, and male connectors that fit the harness, and make a couple of pigtail adapters. If you don't mind modifying the harness, you can also cut the harness connectors off and just replace them.

If the difference isn't too large, just crimp the harness connector down, onto the switch terminals.

Butch

On 4/28/2020 9:00 PM, jeff wrote:
I received a new brake light switch from one of the Crosley vendors.  It has two male prongs.   But the prongs are a smaller diameter than the standard wiring harness bullet connectors.  So a wiring connector will not connect the wiring harness to the brake light switch due to the connector fitting too loose on the smaller diameter brake switch prongs.
Any ideas how to make this work?
Thanks
Jeff

dale@servicemotors.net

Hi jeff
All you need to do is change the bullets on the end of your wire.

On Apr 28, 2020, at 6:01 PM, jeff <jeffalyon@...> wrote:

I received a new brake light switch from one of the Crosley vendors.  It has two male prongs.   But the prongs are a smaller diameter than the standard wiring harness bullet connectors.  So a wiring connector will not connect the wiring harness to the brake light switch due to the connector fitting too loose on the smaller diameter brake switch prongs.
Any ideas how to make this work?
Thanks
Jeff

Attachments: