Topics

Crosley Article "Victory Lane"

Larry Haynes

Edited

In this months issue of "Victory Lane" a historic and vintage racing news magazine, on page 28, is an 3 page article on the history of Crosley by Art Evans.

Larry

http://www.victorylane.com/articles/2017_03_28.pdf

Jim Bollman

Larry thanks for posting the link. It's great that they wrote a story on Crosley's racing history. Wish they would have spent more time researching their story. Lots of errors and mixed up facts.

Jim...

On Mar 9, 2017, at 9:37 AM, Larry Haynes <lhaynes99@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Added the link]

In this months issue of "Victory Lane" a historic and vintage racing news magazine, on page 28, is an 3 page article on the history of Crosley by Art Evans.

Larry

http://www.victorylane.com/articles/2017_03_28.pdf

On Mar 9, 2017, at 9:37 AM, Larry Haynes <lhaynes99@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Added the link]

In this months issue of "Victory Lane" a historic and vintage racing news magazine, on page 28, is an 3 page article on the history of Crosley by Art Evans.

Larry

http://www.victorylane.com/articles/2017_03_28.pdf

L.E. Hardee

I liked the article, but some of the Crosley facts and background info don't jibe with my understanding of Crosley lore.  Am I the only one thinking this way?

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 7:36 PM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
Larry thanks for posting the link. It's great that they wrote a story on Crosley's racing history. Wish they would have spent more time researching their story. Lots of errors and mixed up facts.

Jim...

On Mar 9, 2017, at 9:37 AM, Larry Haynes <lhaynes99@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Added the link]

In this months issue of "Victory Lane" a historic and vintage racing news magazine, on page 28, is an 3 page article on the history of Crosley by Art Evans.

Larry

http://www.victorylane.com/articles/2017_03_28.pdf

Bill Cunningham

Just for the obvious, a Hotshot with doors doesn't make it a Supersport.  And it's 1949 not 1950.  Several other items too.

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 9, 2017, at 7:18 PM, "L.E. Hardee" <hftsales@...> wrote:

I liked the article, but some of the Crosley facts and background info don't jibe with my understanding of Crosley lore.  Am I the only one thinking this way?

On Thu, Mar 9, 2017 at 7:36 PM, Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
Larry thanks for posting the link. It's great that they wrote a story on Crosley's racing history. Wish they would have spent more time researching their story. Lots of errors and mixed up facts.

Jim...

On Mar 9, 2017, at 9:37 AM, Larry Haynes <lhaynes99@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]
[Reason: Added the link]

In this months issue of "Victory Lane" a historic and vintage racing news magazine, on page 28, is an 3 page article on the history of Crosley by Art Evans.

Larry

http://www.victorylane.com/articles/2017_03_28.pdf

L.E. Hardee

Also that the CoBra engine being discontinued because the CIBA was cheaper to make and was stronger???  No mention about the water jacket leak issues and subsequent block warping.