Topics

Crankcase Bolts

In an earlier thread there was mention that the best choice for crankcase bolts is "late model bolts without the oil groove...". I have 5 blocks but none are late model. Service Motors doesn't offer these bolts. Any idea where I can get them or is there a substitude?

dale@servicemotors.net

Service Motors does have those bolts just give us a call.  866-449-0029.  We have a lot of parts that may not be on the web site or our price list.

On May 22, 2019, at 1:54 PM, Jim Murphy <lftrn97@...> wrote:

In an earlier thread there was mention that the best choice for crankcase bolts is "late model bolts without the oil groove...". I have 5 blocks but none are late model. Service Motors doesn't offer these bolts. Any idea where I can get them or is there a substitude?

Great. Thanks Dale.

Butch

Jim,

Please be aware, those bolts (without the groove) can only be used in the late style, big oil hole crankcases.

If used in an early style crankcase, immediate engine failure/destruction, is pretty well assured.

Butch