Cooling problems

"Philip Rowland" <prowland@...>

Has anyone else had these problems and found solutions: Coolant foaming, and black goop seeping out of the water pump. Regarding foaming, I've tried pressure caps, new pumps, block and radiator cleaning, checking for pinholes, thermostat checks- nothing helps. The black goop just worries me- what's it leading to!
Thanks for any ideas,
Phil

"chuckhk1941" <chuckhk@...>

--- In Crosley_Gang@y..., "Philip Rowland" <prowland@s...> wrote:
Has anyone else had these problems and found solutions:
Coolant foaming, and black goop seeping out of the water pump.
Regarding foaming, I've tried pressure caps, new pumps, block and
radiator cleaning, checking for pinholes, thermostat checks- nothing
helps. The black goop just worries me- what's it leading to!
Thanks for any ideas,
Phil

The black goop from the water pump could the wrong grease mixing with
water-a-freeze--must be waterproof grease------Chuck> [Non-text
portions of this message have been removed]

Jim Bollman <Jim@...>

If Chuck is right and the black goop is from the wrong kind of grease that could be where the foam is coming from to.

The water may be going through with out be spread through the block. Inside the inlet on the side of the engine there should be a baffle that spread the water along the 4 cylinders. If the water is not being spread, your engine not only will run hot on the 1st and 4th cylinder but the faster water circulation might aggravate the foaming. The baffle plate is often corrode off.

Jim...