Cobra block tips

mr.chips k

In a haul of parts. I got what looks  like a decent bare tin block.  I filled it up with a 10:1 solution of water to  molasses(works just like evaporust, but much cheaper-and slower).

So far not one drip.   Is there anything to put inside while its apart to help with corrosion? I know about that certain block sealer(the name escapes me for the moment...)

In a week or two I'll try to lightly pressure test it.   If all goes well I plan to pop it on a later oil filter block.

parkhunter@...

My first response was: whaaaat?

But I looked it up, and apparently molasses does work… https://m.roadkillcustoms.com/rust-removal-evapo-rust-or-molasses/

K&W block seal has been recommended for sealing up tin blocks.

- Park

James Dlapa

White Vinegar is also decent at removing rust if you can leave a part submerged a few days.

On Sun, Sep 5, 2021 at 1:14 PM <parkhunter@...> wrote:

My first response was: whaaaat?

But I looked it up, and apparently molasses does work… https://m.roadkillcustoms.com/rust-removal-evapo-rust-or-molasses/

K&W block seal has been recommended for sealing up tin blocks.

- Park

mr.chips k

mr.chips k

Also molasses works well, if you have the time.  Vinegar works great too. Thought it could eat a little more than it should.   The sweet sticky stuff will stop when all rust is gone.

Jim Liberty

Is there a sealer I can put in the differential. Mine weeps all the time.      .....Jim.