Topics

Clutch installation

Steve Perry

Hello Everyone..
This should be an easy one. I’m getting ready to install the clutch and don’t see any markings to know which side faces the flywheel?
Thanks
Steve

Jerry Summey

Springs toward the transmission. It's actually hard to install it the wrong way.

In a message dated 5/30/2019 1:31:26 PM Eastern Standard Time, sperryfish@... writes:

Hello Everyone..
This should be an easy one. I’m getting ready to install the clutch and don’t see any markings to know which side faces the flywheel?
Thanks
Steve

dale@servicemotors.net

Hey steve the disc will only fit one way.

On May 30, 2019, at 10:31 AM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone..
This should be an easy one. I’m getting ready to install the clutch and don’t see any markings to know which side faces the flywheel?
Thanks
Steve

crosleyshortsport

Rough, sandpaper like surface toward the flywheel

On Thu, May 30, 2019, 2:55 PM dale@... <Dale@...> wrote:
Hey steve the disc will only fit one way.

On May 30, 2019, at 10:31 AM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone..
This should be an easy one. I’m getting ready to install the clutch and don’t see any markings to know which side faces the flywheel?
Thanks
Steve

Steve Perry

Maybe I don’t have the same disc..
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
Just wondering if the more flush side or the side that protrude’s goes against the flywheel?
Thanks again..
Steve

On May 30, 2019, at 1:57 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Rough, sandpaper like surface toward the flywheel

On Thu, May 30, 2019, 2:55 PM dale@... <Dale@...> wrote:
Hey steve the disc will only fit one way.

On May 30, 2019, at 10:31 AM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone..
This should be an easy one. I’m getting ready to install the clutch and don’t see any markings to know which side faces the flywheel?
Thanks
Steve

Jerry Summey

The top picture goes against the flywheel.

In a message dated 5/30/2019 6:16:03 PM Eastern Standard Time, sperryfish@... writes:

Maybe I don’t have the same disc..
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
Just wondering if the more flush side or the side that protrude’s goes against the flywheel?
Thanks again..
Steve

On May 30, 2019, at 1:57 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Rough, sandpaper like surface toward the flywheel

On Thu, May 30, 2019, 2:55 PM dale@... <Dale@...> wrote:
Hey steve the disc will only fit one way.

On May 30, 2019, at 10:31 AM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone..
This should be an easy one. I’m getting ready to install the clutch and don’t see any markings to know which side faces the flywheel?
Thanks
Steve

crosleyshortsport

The protrusion goes toward the transmission

On Thu, May 30, 2019, 6:48 PM Jerry Summey via Groups.Io <gaelecsol=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Got it.. Thanks

On May 30, 2019, at 6:06 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

[...]

Same disc.  The side with the nose goes toward the transmission.  Picture #2.

On May 30, 2019, at 3:15 PM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

Maybe I don’t have the same disc..
Just wondering if the more flush side or the side that protrude’s goes against the flywheel?
Thanks again..
Steve

On May 30, 2019, at 1:57 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Rough, sandpaper like surface toward the flywheel

On Thu, May 30, 2019, 2:55 PM dale@... <Dale@...> wrote:
Hey steve the disc will only fit one way.

On May 30, 2019, at 10:31 AM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

Hello Everyone..
This should be an easy one. I’m getting ready to install the clutch and don’t see any markings to know which side faces the flywheel?
Thanks
Steve

Attachments: