Topics

Clutch disc thickness

dalef62

I am working on the clutch on my FOR and was wondering how thick a brand new disc is?  I have about 1/32 above the rivit heads.  What is it on a new disc?  It is a 6 1/2" disc.

Spock Arnold

Dale uf you dont find out before morning, I'll go out to the shop and look.  I have a new one out there.

On Mar 14, 2019 7:34 PM, dalef62 <kimndale97@...> wrote:
I am working on the clutch on my FOR and was wondering how thick a brand new disc is?  I have about 1/32 above the rivit heads.  What is it on a new disc?  It is a 6 1/2" disc.

Spock Arnold

Dale;
     I measured my new on this morning.  I got approx. .035 on the head side of the rivet.  So the one you have is close to new..
                        Dave Anspach

On Thursday, March 14, 2019, 07:34:41 PM EDT, dalef62 <kimndale97@...> wrote:

I am working on the clutch on my FOR and was wondering how thick a brand new disc is?  I have about 1/32 above the rivit heads.  What is it on a new disc?  It is a 6 1/2" disc.

dale@servicemotors.net

Total thickness is .310

On Mar 15, 2019, at 5:28 AM, Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

Dale;
     I measured my new on this morning.  I got approx. .035 on the head side of the rivet.  So the one you have is close to new..
                        Dave Anspach

On Thursday, March 14, 2019, 07:34:41 PM EDT, dalef62 <kimndale97@...> wrote:

I am working on the clutch on my FOR and was wondering how thick a brand new disc is?  I have about 1/32 above the rivit heads.  What is it on a new disc?  It is a 6 1/2" disc.

Spock Arnold

The one I measured was about .35 total

On Mar 15, 2019 9:11 AM, "dale@..." <Dale@...> wrote:
Total thickness is .310

On Mar 15, 2019, at 5:28 AM, Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

Dale;
     I measured my new on this morning.  I got approx. .035 on the head side of the rivet.  So the one you have is close to new..
                        Dave Anspach

On Thursday, March 14, 2019, 07:34:41 PM EDT, dalef62 <kimndale97@...> wrote:

I am working on the clutch on my FOR and was wondering how thick a brand new disc is?  I have about 1/32 above the rivit heads.  What is it on a new disc?  It is a 6 1/2" disc.

dale@servicemotors.net

You mean 350 thousand??

On Mar 15, 2019, at 9:07 AM, Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

The one I measured was about .35 total

On Mar 15, 2019 9:11 AM, "dale@..." <Dale@...> wrote:
Total thickness is .310

On Mar 15, 2019, at 5:28 AM, Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj@...> wrote:

Dale;
     I measured my new on this morning.  I got approx. .035 on the head side of the rivet.  So the one you have is close to new..
                        Dave Anspach

On Thursday, March 14, 2019, 07:34:41 PM EDT, dalef62 <kimndale97@...> wrote:

I am working on the clutch on my FOR and was wondering how thick a brand new disc is?  I have about 1/32 above the rivit heads.  What is it on a new disc?  It is a 6 1/2" disc.

Spock Arnold

Full thickness  .34 to .35 inch.  Yes that is 350 -1,000th of an inch.  About 1/3 of an inch.  That is total thickness of the disc