Topics

CD Front Springs

Hello, Today I noticed my left front leaf sping shackle is collapsed against the frame at the front. Although both of my springs are 27" to center of bushing, they are very differet springs. Both have 7 leafs. The right has short leafes and the left has very long leafs. The left side is 2" lower, mesureing in the center of the spring to the stop. So my question is, Can I get new springs ready to  install from a vendor you may know about, or do I need to have them made. Are they 1.5" of 1.75 inches wide.
Thanks
Frank Pinto ( 18 wheeler)
PS: The air conditioner is  FANTASTIC! don't know how I did without it here in Florida for the past year!

Richard Williams

Raise the car and remove the spring. Replace the rubber bushings, on both ends. Probably should do both sides.

On ‎Thursday‎, ‎August‎ ‎10‎, ‎2017‎ ‎04‎:‎37‎:‎50‎ ‎PM, Frank <frank@...> wrote:

Hello, Today I noticed my left front leaf sping shackle is collapsed against the frame at the front. Although both of my springs are 27" to center of bushing, they are very differet springs. Both have 7 leafs. The right has short leafes and the left has very long leafs. The left side is 2" lower, mesureing in the center of the spring to the stop. So my question is, Can I get new springs ready to  install from a vendor you may know about, or do I need to have them made. Are they 1.5" of 1.75 inches wide.
Thanks
Frank Pinto ( 18 wheeler)
PS: The air conditioner is  FANTASTIC! don't know how I did without it here in Florida for the past year!

jane altman

I had bad front leafs... too flat, not enough bow.  Took them to a guy in Pittsburgh that did a fantastic job rebending them.  Much nicer ride.

By the way, his prices were great... $200 or less.

Jane

H James Carlin

Where did you take them. I live in Jeannette.

Jim Carlin

On Aug 10, 2017, at 11:46 PM, jane altman <bchjanead@...> wrote:

I had bad front leafs... too flat, not enough bow.  Took them to a guy in Pittsburgh that did a fantastic job rebending them.  Much nicer ride.

By the way, his prices were great... $200 or less.

Jane

Tim Hamblen

I bet you have some broken leafs