Topics

CC Wiring

Michael Braun

Can anyone tell me what Crosley used to secure the wiring harness in place, how many and where?
Thanks
P.S.  I have had issues replying to items on this board, so if you ask me a question and I don't reply-that's why.
Mike Braun

Tim Hamblen

Actually I have not seen them secured anywhere. Under the hood the loom is big enough and stiff enough to stand on it's own.Now I did see small steal clips holding wires that ran down inside the frame rails. Kind of a "Z" thing, one part slipping over the edge of the frame and the other part holding wire.

crosleyshortsport

Mike,  On the firewall there is a clip on the left and one on the right, the one on the side near the battery is for the negative cable, and I have seen on most CCs a clamp on the passenger side wheel well. Also, as Tim stated, there are several clips in the frame channel for both the fuel line and wiring harness. I will post a photo of my '48 CC.
       Jeffrey

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 9:41 PM Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io <flinttim=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
Actually I have not seen them secured anywhere. Under the hood the loom is big enough and stiff enough to stand on it's own.Now I did see small steal clips holding wires that ran down inside the frame rails. Kind of a "Z" thing, one part slipping over the edge of the frame and the other part holding wire.

Jim Bollman

I was looking for a picture when Jeff posted his. The positions look right from what I remember but I thought the one on the fender well was a half clamp like the ones on the firewall but bigger but I'm going from memory.

On Feb 6, 2019, at 10:00 PM, crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:

Mike,  On the firewall there is a clip on the left and one on the right, the one on the side near the battery is for the negative cable, and I have seen on most CCs a clamp on the passenger side wheel well. Also, as Tim stated, there are several clips in the frame channel for both the fuel line and wiring harness. I will post a photo of my '48 CC.
       Jeffrey

On Wed, Feb 6, 2019, 9:41 PM Tim Hamblen via Groups.Io <flinttim=yahoo.com@groups.io wrote:
Actually I have not seen them secured anywhere. Under the hood the loom is big enough and stiff enough to stand on it's own.Now I did see small steal clips holding wires that ran down inside the frame rails. Kind of a "Z" thing, one part slipping over the edge of the frame and the other part holding wire.

<20190206_215709.jpg><20190206_215645.jpg>

Saltsgaver, Mike

In the passenger side photo is the heater hose uncomfortably close to the exhaust pipe?

Hella Electronics Corporation, 43811 Plymouth Oaks Blvd., 48170, Plymouth Michigan
This document is to be treated confidentially. Its contents are not to be passed on, duplicated, exploited or disclosed without our express permission. All rights reserved, especially the right to apply for protective rights.

crosleyshortsport

Jim is correct about the clamp on the wheel well, though my car came with that clamp. Someone may have changed it for some reason. The heater hose appears much closer to the exaust in the photo, though a piece of corrugated foil would probably be a good idea.