Topics

Carter Carb

Joe Brownsberger

Hi, does anyone have a Carter 431sa carburator for sale. thats the same type i pulled off a 48' Crosley engine and it has severe pitting and holes. Now im looking for a new carb.

nobadrivers

 I believe there is one on ebay right now item number 173386496635

Jim Bollman

The Carter you have obviously fits, not sure about the jetting for a stock engine, it may run a little rich since it was intended for a larger engine. The Crosley used two slightly different Carters, the 870S and WO 934S. I would guess our big three vendors all have rebuildable cores of the standard Crosley Carters.

Jim...

On Aug 9, 2018, at 4:18 PM, nobadrivers <scanner2@...> wrote:

173386496635

Spock Arnold

A 48 , unless I am drastically mistaken, would have had a Tillitson on it originally.

On Aug 9, 2018 1:16 PM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Hi, does anyone have a Carter 431sa carburator for sale. thats the same type i pulled off a 48' Crosley engine and it has severe pitting and holes. Now im looking for a new carb.

Joe Brownsberger

All the research I've come up with is that this carburetor I have would have gone on a 4 cylinder war era Willy/Jeep. The fact it ended up on a crosley doesn't surprise, with all assuming and speculations aside I figured out that the 431sa was the predecessor of the carter 934s. The 934s was a redesigned 431sa.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018, 5:23 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
A 48 , unless I am drastically mistaken, would have had a Tillitson on it originally.

On Aug 9, 2018 1:16 PM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Hi, does anyone have a Carter 431sa carburator for sale. thats the same type i pulled off a 48' Crosley engine and it has severe pitting and holes. Now im looking for a new carb.

Joe Brownsberger

This is what I'm referring too. The same rebuild kit rebuilds all these w-o carbs and the 431s,934s, and 870s are all on the list. The only thing I don't know is if they are vehicle specific.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018, 7:51 PM Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
All the research I've come up with is that this carburetor I have would have gone on a 4 cylinder war era Willy/Jeep. The fact it ended up on a crosley doesn't surprise, with all assuming and speculations aside I figured out that the 431sa was the predecessor of the carter 934s. The 934s was a redesigned 431sa.

On Thu, Aug 9, 2018, 5:23 PM Spock Arnold via Groups.Io <tmkldwwj=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
A 48 , unless I am drastically mistaken, would have had a Tillitson on it originally.

On Aug 9, 2018 1:16 PM, Joe Brownsberger <jbraunsberg@...> wrote:
Hi, does anyone have a Carter 431sa carburator for sale. thats the same type i pulled off a 48' Crosley engine and it has severe pitting and holes. Now im looking for a new carb.

Todd Swangstu

I have a spare one here...you can send me a message and I can get pics and make offer.

Todd
oldvw@...