Carburetors

Jim Liberty

Guys are there new carburetors available to replace the Tillotson carbs on my '50 Hotshot. It has a Bearcat motor, and twin carbs.    .......Jim.

crosleyshortsport

Edited

Jim, I called Blaz, still casting braje speed equipment, also you could use carters, though nothing new that I know of, check with Barry Seel for carb rebuilding. Here is Blaz Brajevich contact info.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021, 5:26 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Guys are there new carburetors available to replace the Tillotson carbs on my '50 Hotshot. It has a Bearcat motor, and twin carbs.    .......Jim.

crosleyshortsport

Sorry Jim, wrong contact.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021, 10:13 AM crosleyshortsport via groups.io <crosleyshortsport=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jim, I called Blaz, still casting braje speed equipment, also you could use carters, though nothing new that I know of, check with Barry Seel for carb rebuilding. Here is Blaz Brajevich contact info.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021, 5:26 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Guys are there new carburetors available to replace the Tillotson carbs on my '50 Hotshot. It has a Bearcat motor, and twin carbs.    .......Jim.

crosleyshortsport

Here ya go,...

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021, 12:00 PM crosleyshortsport via groups.io <crosleyshortsport=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Sorry Jim, wrong contact.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021, 10:13 AM crosleyshortsport via groups.io <crosleyshortsport=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jim, I called Blaz, still casting braje speed equipment, also you could use carters, though nothing new that I know of, check with Barry Seel for carb rebuilding. Here is Blaz Brajevich contact info.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021, 5:26 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Guys are there new carburetors available to replace the Tillotson carbs on my '50 Hotshot. It has a Bearcat motor, and twin carbs.    .......Jim.

Butch

If you  are going to run two carbs, you do NOT want to run Carters.

Butch

On 10/6/2021 9:58 AM, crosleyshortsport wrote:
Jim, I called Blaz, still casting braje speed equipment, also you could use carters, though nothing new that I know of, check with Barry Seel for carb rebuilding. Here is Blaz Brajevich contact info.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021, 5:26 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Guys are there new carburetors available to replace the Tillotson carbs on my '50 Hotshot. It has a Bearcat motor, and twin carbs.    .......Jim.

D Gatens

is there a phone # for Blaz?

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 12:02 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Here ya go,...

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021, 12:00 PM crosleyshortsport via groups.io <crosleyshortsport=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Sorry Jim, wrong contact.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021, 10:13 AM crosleyshortsport via groups.io <crosleyshortsport=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jim, I called Blaz, still casting braje speed equipment, also you could use carters, though nothing new that I know of, check with Barry Seel for carb rebuilding. Here is Blaz Brajevich contact info.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021, 5:26 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Guys are there new carburetors available to replace the Tillotson carbs on my '50 Hotshot. It has a Bearcat motor, and twin carbs.    .......Jim.

Attachments:

D Gatens

👍🏻

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 9:29 PM D Gatens via groups.io <dongatensppg=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

The best way to reach Blaz is email.

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021, 7:51 AM D Gatens <dongatensppg@...> wrote:
👍🏻

[...]

Can one of you send me the contact info. for Blaz.    ........Jim.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 9:00 AM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Sorry Jim, wrong contact.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021, 10:13 AM crosleyshortsport via groups.io <crosleyshortsport=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Jim, I called Blaz, still casting braje speed equipment, also you could use carters, though nothing new that I know of, check with Barry Seel for carb rebuilding. Here is Blaz Brajevich contact info.

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021, 5:26 PM Jim Liberty <jimliberty356@...> wrote:
Guys are there new carburetors available to replace the Tillotson carbs on my '50 Hotshot. It has a Bearcat motor, and twin carbs.    .......Jim.

Andy Farley

I wanted to follow up on Jim's question. Are there any new carburetors that will fit on a CC or CD?

Jim Bollman

Someone may suggest a new aftermarket carb that can be adapted to the Crosley but the Tillotson and Carter they came with are only available as rebuilds unless you stumble on a NOS which may need rebuilding depending on how it was stored for 70 years.

On Thu, Oct 28, 2021, 4:08 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
Someone may suggest a new aftermarket carb that can be adapted to the Crosley but the Tillotson and Carter they came with are only available as rebuilds unless you stumble on a NOS which may need rebuilding depending on how it was stored for 70 years.

On Oct 28, 2021, at 12:53 PM, Andy Farley <farleya1@...> wrote:

I wanted to follow up on Jim's question. Are there any new carburetors that will fit on a CC or CD?

Don Pitchford

Andy,
I have not tried an AeroInjector but hope to soon. It is designed for experimental aircraft, but with the right flange adapter I think the 30 H.P. version would be a great carburetor replacement for a Crosley. At $410 plus the adapter and shipping it isn't cheap, but I plan to order one and figure out how to make or modify an adapter over the winter.

Their web site is www.aeroconversions.com/products/aerocarb/index.html

Don Pitchford