carburator problems

"imakarknut" <karknut@...>

Hello all: As some one with limited experience with Crosleys and
rebuilding carbs, I am seeking advise. Bought a carb rebuild kit
from Service Motor folks and took carb off and somewhat apart.
Cleaned inside as best I could and replaced plunger & rod as the
plunger looked worn out, checked float and blew through the carb to
determine that needle and seat were working. Put barb back in car
and after testing fuel pump again (fuel flows out nicely)tried to
start 48 wagon. Cranked a while then engine roared to life but no
matter what I tried, it soon died. Same pattern 3-4 times. Feel
that all is not operating in carb but not sure of just what. Any
thoughts? All input welcome! Thanks Steve