Topics

Car Transport Companys?

Mike S

Does anyone have any personal experience with car transport services?  I need to move a large car ('57 Nash) from Los Angeles, Ca to Illinois.  I applied for a quote on a couple of internet sites and now my phone and my email box is full of messages from companies I've never heard of.  I'd rather deal with a service that I can verify a track record.
thanks
Mike S

James Dlapa

Mike, have you tried you ship.
Put in your request and different companies will bid on shipping cost. Might be worth a shot. You don’t need to accept any of the offers, and most companies on there Have customer reviews.

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 6:34 AM Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:
Does anyone have any personal experience with car transport services?  I need to move a large car ('57 Nash) from Los Angeles, Ca to Illinois.  I applied for a quote on a couple of internet sites and now my phone and my email box is full of messages from companies I've never heard of.  I'd rather deal with a service that I can verify a track record.
thanks
Mike S

Jim Bollman

I got badly burned on the first car hauler I hired years ago that turned out to not own any trucks, he just hire wildcat drivers to pick up cars. He promised 2 weeks and it ended up being many months and then damaged the truck getting it delivered. He said to submit a quote and hi insurance would pay for the damage, I did and never heard from him again and his phone no longer was answered. Since then I have only used Passport. They are not cheap but they do a very professional job.

On May 15, 2020, at 9:32 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

Does anyone have any personal experience with car transport services?  I need to move a large car ('57 Nash) from Los Angeles, Ca to Illinois.  I applied for a quote on a couple of internet sites and now my phone and my email box is full of messages from companies I've never heard of.  I'd rather deal with a service that I can verify a track record.
thanks
Mike S

Steve Perry

These guys have hauled MG’s for me a couple of times recently (couple years) and no problems. 901-791-2808
Steve

On May 15, 2020, at 8:34 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

Does anyone have any personal experience with car transport services?  I need to move a large car ('57 Nash) from Los Angeles, Ca to Illinois.  I applied for a quote on a couple of internet sites and now my phone and my email box is full of messages from companies I've never heard of.  I'd rather deal with a service that I can verify a track record.
thanks
Mike S

James Dlapa

When I worked for the Mercedes classic center we used Reliable. They were great but expensive. Enclosed truck one way would I guess run around 2k or a bit more. It would be worth seeing if the car would be on the same truck the whole route or changed at a hub. Often with reliable, it was the same truck and driver dropping off as picking up.

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 7:14 AM Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:
These guys have hauled MG’s for me a couple of times recently (couple years) and no problems. 901-791-2808
Steve

On May 15, 2020, at 8:34 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

Does anyone have any personal experience with car transport services?  I need to move a large car ('57 Nash) from Los Angeles, Ca to Illinois.  I applied for a quote on a couple of internet sites and now my phone and my email box is full of messages from companies I've never heard of.  I'd rather deal with a service that I can verify a track record.
thanks
Mike S

Steve Olinger

One big thing while checking for car carriers is that they can accommodate the narrow width tread of the Crosley. I know on a couple people that I sold  Crosleys to the buyer had a terrible time finding someone that really can fit a Crosley on their trailer.
Steve

David Reina

Hi Mike,

I used a company called Horseless Carriage to  bring a Sunbeam Talbot from Castro Valley CA to Brooklyn, NY and was happy with their service.

Dave Reina

On May 15, 2020, at 9:32 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

Does anyone have any personal experience with car transport services?  I need to move a large car ('57 Nash) from Los Angeles, Ca to Illinois.  I applied for a quote on a couple of internet sites and now my phone and my email box is full of messages from companies I've never heard of.  I'd rather deal with a service that I can verify a track record.
thanks
Mike S

wpaxt@...

Mike,

When I had my 1947 Round Side shipped from Oregon to Los Angeles I used these guys:

https://autotransport-ondemand.com/

They did a nice job and offered a very fair price.  I think the guy I dealt with at the time was Antonio Moreno if memory serves me correctly.

Bill

Robert Connearney

Dave Reina --

I noticed your mention of a Sunbeam Talbot in your post. I'm attaching a screenshot of one I just saw on Craigslist, in MA. I believe it's a 4-door sedan.

I used a company called Horseless Carriage to  bring a Sunbeam Talbot from Castro Valley CA to Brooklyn, NY and was happy with their service.

Dave Reina

nadno1

There is a guy on the model T sites, goes by Frieghter Jim, seems to haul alot for T people?

I used a company called Horseless Carriage to  bring a Sunbeam Talbot from Castro Valley CA to Brooklyn, NY and was happy with their service.

Dave Reina

On May 15, 2020, at 9:32 AM, Mike S <miso7@...> wrote:

Does anyone have any personal experience with car transport services?  I need to move a large car ('57 Nash) from Los Angeles, Ca to Illinois.  I applied for a quote on a couple of internet sites and now my phone and my email box is full of messages from companies I've never heard of.  I'd rather deal with a service that I can verify a track record.
thanks
Mike S

Robert Kirk

Many of these large 18 wheelers can't or  won't haul a tiny Crosely, too hard or impossible to load and unload.  I've had good luck with U Ship private contractors.  Try to avoid middleman brokerrs insist on seeing proof of insurance.
https://www.uship.com/vehicles/