From: Jim Liberty
Sent: Friday, October 1, 2021 1:52 PM
To: Crosley-Gang@groups.io
Subject: [Crosley-Gang] BRAJE

I'm looking for a BRAJE exhaust manifold for  a motor I'm building for a Devin.     ......Jim.

Jim Liberty

David, I have these manifolds in my Hotshot and Pickup. I did have to fabricate an exit bend for both. .......Jim.

PS. No pictures attached.

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 3:31 PM David via groups.io <drlamber=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Most of us running H-mod cars, which includes some with Devin bodies, find that the Braje manifold won’t fit.  The end of these manifolds ends up too close to the firewall.  You will likely need an exhaust manifold that comes down and then out to the side.

The attached picture shows the chassis of my current car.  The Braje manifold will fit, but there is not enough room for a 90 degree bend to get the exhaust out.  You can buy mandrel bends for a DIY project.

David

Sent from Mail for Windows

I'm looking for a BRAJE exhaust manifold for  a motor I'm building for a Devin.     ......Jim.

Attachments:

Jim Liberty

David, I did open the top shot. Where did you get the manifold. The side exit is way cool.     .......Jim.

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 3:31 PM David via groups.io <drlamber=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Most of us running H-mod cars, which includes some with Devin bodies, find that the Braje manifold won’t fit.  The end of these manifolds ends up too close to the firewall.  You will likely need an exhaust manifold that comes down and then out to the side.

The attached picture shows the chassis of my current car.  The Braje manifold will fit, but there is not enough room for a 90 degree bend to get the exhaust out.  You can buy mandrel bends for a DIY project.

David

Sent from Mail for Windows

I'm looking for a BRAJE exhaust manifold for  a motor I'm building for a Devin.     ......Jim.

Attachments:

David

Jim,

I made the manifold.  Buy a bunch of 90 and 45 degree mandrel bends, buy a four into one exhaust collector, cut, weld, ceramic coat.  The flange was made by eMachineshop.com.  I have made several headers like this one and they’re not too tough.

David

Sent from Mail for Windows

I'm looking for a BRAJE exhaust manifold for  a motor I'm building for a Devin.     ......Jim.

Attachments:

David

Jim,

Here’s a shot that shows the entire side exhaust.

David

Sent from Mail for Windows

I'm looking for a BRAJE exhaust manifold for  a motor I'm building for a Devin.     ......Jim.

Attachments:

Jim Liberty

Thanks Dave, we can do that here in our shop. ....................Jim.

On Fri, Oct 1, 2021 at 4:14 PM David via groups.io <drlamber=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Jim,

I made the manifold.  Buy a bunch of 90 and 45 degree mandrel bends, buy a four into one exhaust collector, cut, weld, ceramic coat.  The flange was made by eMachineshop.com.  I have made several headers like this one and they’re not too tough.

David

Sent from Mail for Windows

I'm looking for a BRAJE exhaust manifold for  a motor I'm building for a Devin.     ......Jim.

Attachments:

crosleyshortsport

Jim, You can purchase all Braje parts from Blaz Brajevich from Gardenia, California. He is still casting them.