Topics

Best tool for removing valves

Steve Perry

Hello All.. I am rebuilding a 1951 Super a Sports Engine and need to remove the valves. What is the best tool to get the spring compressed to remove the keepers?

dale@servicemotors.net

Service motors has the tool for sale.  Plus talk to dale he can give you some tips that are critical to rebuilding your engine.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 28, 2017, at 5:58 AM, Steve Perry <sperryfish@...> wrote:

Hello All.. I am rebuilding a 1951 Super a Sports Engine and need to remove the valves. What is the best tool to get the spring compressed to remove the keepers?

shannon white

Service motors makes or at least did make a valve spring compressor tool fairly inexpensive it was a steel bar with a hook on one end and about 1/3 of the way up the bar little ring attached. Put the hook in the spark plug hole and the ring on top of the valve push down an viola the keepers come out

On Thu, Dec 28, 2017 at 8:58 AM, Steve Perry
<sperryfish@...> wrote:
Hello All.. I am rebuilding a 1951 Super a Sports Engine and need to remove the valves. What is the best tool to get the spring compressed to remove the keepers?

Steve Perry

I contacted Service Motors and have it heading my way...
Thanks

Sent from my iPad