Topics

BaT: Two Crosleys - 50 Wagon OR and 47 Conv CA

Jim Bollman

No Reserve: 1950 Crosley Station Wagon Project
The 1950 wagon is a partially done restoration that needs fininshing - no bid so far.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1950-crosley-station-wagon/

1947 Crosley CC Convertible
The 1947 Convertible is restored and looks nice, not everything is right but close. - current big $2200
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1947-crosley-convertible/

Comments on Bat auctions are always fun to read. If you register you can add comments.

I believe the motor in the wagon is a Barry Seel motor. That is exactly how he paints them. If so, there is a couple grand worth of motor there.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 7:47 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
No Reserve: 1950 Crosley Station Wagon Project
The 1950 wagon is a partially done restoration that needs fininshing - no bid so far.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1950-crosley-station-wagon/

1947 Crosley CC Convertible
The 1947 Convertible is restored and looks nice, not everything is right but close. - current big $2200
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1947-crosley-convertible/

Comments on Bat auctions are always fun to read. If you register you can add comments.

The descriptions and the comments on these two Crosleys are indeed interesting although for the most part quite lacking in actual Crosley facts.   I did see something that I had never seen before in the engine pictures of the convertible.  There was a guard between the generator and the waterpump shielding the shaft coupling.  Has anyone seen one before.  It kinda looks like it was made from a tin can to me but with Crosley anything is possible.  BTW, there was this huge debate in the comment section about whether the cast iron block was a COBRA as called out in the description or a CIBA.  LOL.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 8:01 PM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
I believe the motor in the wagon is a Barry Seel motor. That is exactly how he paints them. If so, there is a couple grand worth of motor there.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 7:47 PM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
No Reserve: 1950 Crosley Station Wagon Project
The 1950 wagon is a partially done restoration that needs fininshing - no bid so far.
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1950-crosley-station-wagon/

1947 Crosley CC Convertible
The 1947 Convertible is restored and looks nice, not everything is right but close. - current big $2200
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1947-crosley-convertible/

Comments on Bat auctions are always fun to read. If you register you can add comments.

Jim...

Tim Hamblen

Not like that but I make a cover for that area on all my cars. It clamps to the water pump and hangs out over the pump shaft. Keeps the leaking coolant from spraying all over the engine room.

seb fontana

Cute.