Topics

Autoweek Story: Don't Mention the '46 Crosley around Grandpa!

Jim Bollman

Not a pro Crosley story but probably true of a lot of early post war Crosley that were used for harder duty than they were capable of doing.
https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/classic-cars/a31070092/dont-mention-the-46-crosley-around-grandpa/

crosleyshortsport

Neat story,  There must have been many Crosley owners with the same feeling. In fact, I bet every one of us current Crosley owners have had that same feeling at one time or another. I know I have. And then, I go back out to the garage the next day and fall in Love all over again !

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020, 8:06 AM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
Not a pro Crosley story but probably true of a lot of early post war Crosley that were used for harder duty than they were capable of doing.
https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/classic-cars/a31070092/dont-mention-the-46-crosley-around-grandpa/

L.E. Hardee

It is true that the early Crosleys were not universally loved.  My uncle (by marriage) told me that he was a Crosley dealer right after WWII.  He got a delivery of 6 Crosleys.  He said he sold those 6 cars many times because the new owners kept bringing them back demanding a refund.  It took him several years to stop being a Crosley dealer with only those 6 cars.

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020 at 8:38 AM crosleyshortsport <crosleyshortsport@...> wrote:
Neat story,  There must have been many Crosley owners with the same feeling. In fact, I bet every one of us current Crosley owners have had that same feeling at one time or another. I know I have. And then, I go back out to the garage the next day and fall in Love all over again !

On Wed, Feb 26, 2020, 8:06 AM Jim Bollman <Jim@...> wrote:
Not a pro Crosley story but probably true of a lot of early post war Crosley that were used for harder duty than they were capable of doing.
https://www.autoweek.com/car-life/classic-cars/a31070092/dont-mention-the-46-crosley-around-grandpa/

parkhunter@...

I knew a guy in Indiana who mustered out of the military in Ohio a year or two after WW II. His dad bought him a new Crosley to celebrate. After driving it back across Ohio and Indiana to get home, he sold it immediately and bought a used Ford. “Never again,” he swore. Not so much because it broke, but because it was such a cheap, slow, uncomfortable little sardine can it scared him to drive it. This was an unsolicited story long before I owned my car.

Ironically, those are the same qualities I find endearing about my Crosley.

- Park

Barry Smedley

But we sure do have fun with these “sardine cans” though! I compare mine to like riding in a beer can with a bunch of loose rocks in it! LOL

Barry Smedley

This message contains confidential information intended solely for the use of the addressee(s) named above. Any review, disclosure, distribution, copying or use of the information by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender by immediate reply and delete the original message. (English) Ce message contient des informations confidentielles destinées uniquement à l'usage du(des) destinataire(s) nommé(s) ci-dessus. Toute consultation, distribution, copie et utilisation du contenu de ce message est strictement prohibée. Si vous avez reçu ce message par erreur, SVP avisez l'expéditeur par réponse immédiate et effacez le message original. (French)

Dennis Terdy

Thanks, Park!
Dennis, IL

--